III: The anomaly

*y/n's pov*

Scientist: Begin.

I looked towards the phone as I gently, yet for some reason, carefully lent my arm out to grab it. Ya never know I guess. It's a new one.

I held the phone up to my face and saw that it had already turned itself on when it's screen came into view of me. With it not having a lock to get in, I just swiped with my finger and I was in.

It's been a while since I managed to get my hands on a phone that's up to date. This feels new yet I've already done it before. Can't remember when but it seriously doesn't matter.

The only apps on the phone that I could view were a couple of games, a messengers app... like... get a text and talk, a phone app but it had nothing and nobody I could call, and a plain ol' app store.

I suppose since this SCP is known to occur on its victims through its own app then I better take a look. It was pretty silent in my room that it actually felt soothing in a way. That was until I got blasted in my ears by a sudden intercom from the others.

Scientist: Good. You need to search for a suspicious looking app.

Y/n: And... how am I suppose to know what app that is genius?

Scientist: Research says from different subjects was it had no title and its icon is pitch black.

If it has no title than HOW am I suppose to search up this thing? Am I suppose to waste away searching the app store for hours, maybe even days at a time? Because there are thousands of apps on here!

Scientist: Tests have gone and studied that you can find it in the "popular apps" section in the store.

Y/n: Oh... that helps quite a bit actually.

So without a second thought I tapped the popular apps section and whadaya know... a pitch black icon and no title app is at the top. Must be pretty popular. Free to download huh... eh, guess I might as well.

It begun downloading and it was quick at that. Almost instant. While it was doing the long part I took a look at its description. For an SCP app it did take its sweet time to at least make a description for itself. It read as follows, being...

Mal.0 Ver1.0.0.

Never settle for those awkward feelings of being alone again.

Sounded like a weird dating app. Possibly for stalkers. Pretty dang short though. Meh, what could I expect.

*Ding*

It finished downloading and gave me the option to open the app now or keep looking around. Eeeeeh, I would say I want to keep looking but I don't really have a choice in the matter, so I tapped it open.

What was shown to me was just a pitch black screen just like it's app icon. I couldn't do anything on it.

Y/n: Okay, so now what?

Scientist: We wait.

*20 minutes later*

Scientist: This uh... sure is taking a while longer than the rest.

Y/n: Really?

Dr. Clark: The anomaly is only known to send messages of pictures at random times. It may take long, or short periods of time, but it will begin eventually.