IV: New toy

Y/n had woken up from his slumber in a very tired mood. He could've swore he saw something upon the corner of his eye when he cracked his eyes open, but saw nothing more and let it slide.

He could barely keep his mind off of the image he got with his own eyes stuck in his head. He's seen a many of things in his time here, but the way it stared at him as he stared at it had him shook.

He wiped his face with both hands as he dragged them down to wake himself up a little. He could barely even sleep.

He viewed Connor on the other side of the room, seeing how he was asleep. "Lucky him" y/n said in his head as he rolled his eyes towards their rooms sink.

With every cell for every subject, they need their own system in the room like a toilet, a sink, a mirror, heck... even some entertainment like the magazines Connor was looking at earlier.

Y/n had sheepishly made his way to the sink while dragging the tips of his feet on the floor with every step. He could see the bags under his eyes as he was sleep deprived from the times he was called for in the middle of the night.

Sadly the passage of time is unknown to most, so when he feels tired, he sleeps. When he wakes, he gets up. Thinking it would make him feel better, he turned on the sink with barely enough water.

He leaned his head down as he was washing his face. Hoping that he could just magically wash away the feeling of paranoia he was having. He looked up to view himself in the mirror and saw nothing else but himself.

He sighs in relief that he shouldn't be so worried about something that isn't even around. He turns his head from side to side to see if he needs to check on anything.

But one simple turn of his own head gave him the view of the anomaly, straight behind him in the reflection, close enough to touch him.

He gasped as he turned around in haste, making a loud shuffling sound while he had also left the sink on. He saw nothing. He was beginning to think whether this SCP was taunting him, Haunting him, or just something else that would be most unlikely.

Connor: Huh? What's going on?

He said in a drowsy tone while rubbing his eyes to open them.

Y/n: Did you not... see that?

Connor: See what?

Y/n: It..... it's nothing. Just go back to sleep, or whatever.

Y/n turned off the sink and went back to his bed and laid down. Connor however wasn't gonna try to let his suspicious behavior slip by.

Connor: Y'know, you've been acting weird since your last SCP. You keep looking around at nothing and it's freaky.

Y/n only remained silent while keeping his eyes to the ceiling, eventually turning over to have his back facing Connor.

Connor: Alright, fine. Not like I need to know anyway right?

Y/n was still silent. Connor sighs as he lays back down while at y/n's perspective, he still had his eyes open with his pupils shaking. He doubts he'll get much sleep.

*Later*

The rooms door had been unlocked once more and a guard called for y/n. He was still in the same position and had been rudely woken up.

Guard: I ain't got all day.

Y/n: What is it this time?