VIII: Dog food

The foundation was in a state of confusion after what had happened in SCP-054's chamber. Nothing of the sort could've happened that came from the nymphs doing.

Dr. Clark however was more into the research of this more than anyone, being in his state of mind of anticipation than just confusion.

This facility was so shook by this unknown activity that it had to have been brought to a meeting, where Dr. Clark was one of the head directives on this study of the anomalies.

Dr. Clark: Some of you may know why we are here, and some of you may be confused on what is going on within our facility.

The room fell silent of any voices as all attention was brought towards their front vision with Clark standing there.

Dr. Clark: There has been an unknown occurrence within the chamber of SCP-054, but rest assured that the accident has been contained safely. We do have a explanation on how this incident had happened, and I intend to further the progression with it for research.

The mass of scientists and guards watching were heard making whispers of small talk about what could cause it.

Dr. Clark: But, for I fear that the incident was caused by none other than another SCP that was assumably present within the time of testing. It was none other than SCP-1471.

The chatter of multiple conversations grew louder the more who began talking to each other.

Dr. Clark: SCP-1471 has been a new anomaly on experimentation purposes with other subjects for the known past couple of weeks now. This behavior from it was unlike anything we, as the foundation, had ever seen it do.

Scientist: But the only reason for the anomaly to be active would have to involve the subject it's with being around.

Dr. Clark: That is most assuringly correct sir, for this test with SCP-054 and SCP-1471 wasn't just about two anomalies in the same room, it was meant to be another test involving a male subject. And as I am sure you've known them to be around longer than most, it was none other than y/n in that very room.

Every time a question was answered another and another arose from it as Dr. Clark continued his presentation of sorts.

Scientist: Why is a D-class in possession of this anomaly? Now we know it can be dangerous as it is, but to leave it in the hands of a single man who doesn't know close to nothing of it?

Scientist 2: They got you there, Dr. Clark. Giving it to another person's hands can lead to catastrophe if handled wrongly.

Dr. Clark: Now, now, hold your assumptions for just a moment. I've known y/n more than anyone else in the foundation. That may not be enough for you to trust it on my word, but he is smart... willing... a little careless and reckless, but he may as well be the best one we got in the entire facility for this task.

Scientist: And WHAT exactly makes you so sure he can handle this "task" you have given him?

Dr. Clark stood standing still with a straight face for only a moment while he was deep in his thoughts. Trying to remember one moment before.

*Flashback*

Dr. Clark stood within the monitoring chamber with SCP-054 and y/n inside. His eyes kept concentration on y/n, caring less on how the water nymph would react.

He had noticed y/n talking to someone even though there was nobody there.

Dr. Clark: Turn up the volume of the chamber.