Chapter 10

I don't believe what I'm seeing. It's Chat Noir. HE'S Chat Noir. All those times I rejected him, it was the guy I was in love with. It was Adrien...I rejected him...for himself.

"Chat," I say. "I'm so sorry." I feel tears coming down my face, but I don't know why. He pulls me in in close.

"I love you, bugaboo."

"I love you too kitty,"

"I want to show you something," he says. "But you need to transform."

"Spots on," I say. "What do you want to show me?"

He starts jumping through the streets and I follow him. Soon we reach the Eiffel Tower and he begins to climb up. I look at him questioningly, but he gives me an encouraging nod.

When we get to the top I look over at the view. This is incredible.

"I like to come here a lot...to think." He says as he takes a seat.

"About what?" I ask, sitting down.

"Life," he says. "And you," he adds with a grin.

"Well I'll always be here if you need someone to talk to," I say warmly, moving closer to him.

"Thank you Marinette," he says as a tear comes down his face. He leans in and kisses me. It feels good. We linger for a few seconds and then break away.

"It's my dad," he says, tears streaming down his face.

"Adrien what did he do?" I ask worriedly.

"It's nothing, I don't really want to talk about it," he replies, turning his head away.

"It must be something," I say.

"What do you want me to say?!" He suddenly yells. "That I have the worst dad in the world?! That I don't get fed enough?! That my mom is dead and somehow I can cope with it better than my father?! THAT I THINK MY DAD IS HAWKMOTH?! IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT ME TO SAY?!"

"Kitty," I whisper. "I'm so sorry." I place my hand gently on his shoulder.

"Yes, I'M SURE YOU ARE!!" He yells, tears streaming down his face. He brushes my hand off his shoulder.

"What makes you think your dad is Hawk Moth?" I ask.

"It's too much," he gets up. "I can't live with him anymore." His voice fades into a whisper. "Please help me Mari."

"Adrien, you have to tell me what's going on!" I say. I have no idea what is happening.

"I DON'T KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON! WHAT DO I DO??!"

"Listen, I can help you figure this out, bit please just calm down," I say.

"CALM DOWN?! YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW LONG I'VE BEEN HOLDING THIS IN!" He cries. Suddenly he comes towards me and pulls me close to him him.

"Your the only one I trust to help me figure this out."

"I will kitty, but I really need to know what's happening. I place my hand on his chest. "I need context," I say.

"Ok but can we get ice cream first?" He asks.

"Of course," I say, wiping the tears off his face.

We head over to Andre's ice cream after transforming back. What does Adrien mean that his dad is Hawk Moth? I think. I know I suspected it at one point, but I just seemed so far fetched....I guess I'll just have to wait until after we get ice cream.

"Blackberry and peppermint for these two lovebirds," Andre sings. Heh, lovebirds I think. I smile at Adrien. Andre hands us the ice cream.

"Adrien you know you're always welcome at my place," I say as we go over to the bench.

"Thank you Marinette, that means a lot," he smiles. "OH!"

"What?" I ask.

"Do you think our class realized we left?!" He laughs.

"Oh! I completely forgot about that!" I say as I take a bite of the ice cream. "Haha, oh well. I'm having a nice time here." I lean into his face to tease him.

"You have some ice cream on your lip," he says, wiping it with his thumb. Then he kisses me...

"WHERE WERE YOU GUYS?!" Nino suddenly yells at us. We quickly break apart.

"Uhh, Marinette promised to help me with something." Adrien replies nervously. I see Alya laugh. Only she and Nino are there so everyone must have gone home already.

"Mhm," she laughs. "Anyway, have fun you two," she winks at me.

After we're done eating, Adrien and I decide to go to my house.

"How was the sleepover Marinette?" Mom asks as we walk in.

"It was fun," I say. "Is it okay if Adrien an I go up to my room to play some video games?"

"Of course," she smiles.

When we get upstairs we sit down on my carpet.

"Ok please tell me what's happening now," I say. "I want to help you."

He takes a deep breath in. "Plagg, tell her what you saw."