Chapter 11

"Plagg...your kwami?" I ask.

Suddenly he flies out of Adrien's jacket.

"Yes, I am," he says. "Adrien I'm tired, where's my camembert?" Adrien takes a piece of cheese out of his pocket and hands it to Plagg, who swallows it in one gulp.

"Now, what did you want me to tell her?" Plagg asks.

"What you saw when you followed father," Adrien replies. I look at him confused.

"When I...?"

"Whatever, I'll say it." He turns to me. "I asked Plagg to follow my father around our house to see whether or not he's Hawk Moth."

"WHAT?!" I exclaim. "What did he find out??!!!"

"At first it was normal, nothing weird going on. Then he walked over to a painting and touched it and sunk into the floor though some sort of trap door."

"Uh, what?" I say.

"Yeah it doesn't make much sense, but it's definitely something he's been hiding," Adrien tells me.

Then Plagg adds "WAIT YOU GUYS ARE TOGETHER NOW AREN'T YOU?!" I blush and glance at Adrien.

"I mean..."

"Yes," he says. Tikki flies out of my bag.

"Marinette! I'm so happy for you! You've been wanting this for so long!" She says.

"Tikki!" I say. I don't need Adrien knowing that I've liked him for this long.

"You've been wanting me for so long?" Adrien raises his eyebrows and smiles.

"What? No-"

"You have no idea how long I've wanted to be with you," he smiles, coming close to me. He slides his thumb under my chin. "Bugaboo." I blush furiously. Our foreheads touch and then he kisses me. We are alone. No interruptions, no distractions, just Adrien..

My hands find his hair and I begin to tangle and play with his blond strands. Before I know it, Adrien has me pinned to the floor and is biting and sucking on my neck, sending tingles throughout my body. He makes his way up to my mouth and our lips move in sinc.

I know we should be talking about Hawk Moth right now, but this is just so much better...

I push Adrien off of me.

He stands up. "Mari, why-" I get up and pin him to my wall.

"Why what?" I ask.

"Nevermind," he grins. I smash my lips onto his and he kisses me back. I bit his bottom lip and he lets out a small moan. I smile and we continue our heated make out session.

Suddenly the door slams open.

"Guys, I brought you some croissants- Oh! Am I interrupting something?" He chuckles. We jump apart.

"DAD!!" I say, turning red.

"Thank you for the croissants, Mr. Dupen," Adrien says, taking the plate.

"Please knock before you come in next time!" I cover my red face with my hands out of embarrassment.

"Ha, sorry sweetie," Dad says. He closes the door and walks down the stairs.

"Why does this always happen?!" I groan to Adrien, who is currently sitting in my chair, eating croissants.

He swallows. "Just our luck, m'lady."

I sprawl out on the floor. "We really should discuss Hawk Moth," I say.

"Yes, I know," he replies, looking at his shoes."

"What do we do now that we have a solid suspect?" I ask.

"Well we could see how he got into his secret...wherever he went under the painting." Adrien says.

"Yes, let's figure out how he activated whatever took him there."

"Tikki and I can help, right sugercube?" Plagg says, looking over to my kwami.

"I told you not to call me that!" She replies. "But yes, I will help you guys."

"Ok, great. You can see exactly what Adrien's dad has to do to activate the passageway." I say.

"Ok, sounds good," the kwamis say in union. We continue making the plan.

"So tomorrow?" I ask.

"Yeah, that sounds good," Adrien replies. He doesn't look very excited.

"Adrien," I say. He looks at me. "I can't imagine how painful this must be for you, but it's for the safety of Paris. The last thing I want to do is hurt you."

"I know Mari," he smiles sadly. "I just wish my dad wasn't a dick."

"I'm so sorry..." I give him a hug. He hugs me back warmly.

"Thank you, princess."