Chapter 12

The next day starts off akwardly. My parents ask me dozens of questions about Adrien.

"Is he your boyfriend?"

"Oh, I always liked that boy, he's so sweet."

"He better not do anything to our angel."

"DAD!!" I eat quickly and dash out the door.

Once I get to school I spot Alya and she sprints over to me.

"TELL ME EVERYTHING!" She exclaims.

"W-what do you mean?" I ask.

"About Adriennn," she replies with a big smile.

"Well we...um...sort of made out a couple times..."

"HAHA YOU GUYS-"

"Alya stop yelling, I'm just telling you, not the rest of the school!" I say

"Sorry," she replies. "I'm just so excited for you. Are you guys like...together?"

"I think so," I say.

"This is so exciting!!!!"

We head to class and I see Lila flirting with Adrien.

"Adrien, you're too funny!" She giggles as she subtlety puts her arm on his shoulder. I feel my face heat up with anger.

"Hey Adrien," I say. "There's a free seat next to me if you want to take it."

"Adrien would never-" Lila begins to say.

"I'd love to, Mari." He smiles and walks away from Lila. She glares at me and I subtlety give her the finger. Adrien comes close to me.

"Thanks for saving me," he laughs.

"Of course," I smile and kiss him on the cheek. Everyone in the class gawks at me, but I ignore them. Suddenly Mrs. Bustier walks into the room.

"Ok class, today we're going to start with..." I drift off into a daydream about Adrien.

"Marinette, Mrs. Bustier called your name 2 times already," Adrien whispers to me.

"Oh, here!" I say, jolting upwards. I look over to Adrien and then Lila. He would never love her, right? I look at Lila. She's so confident. Maybe that's what Adrien likes. No, who am I kidding? Adrien hates Lila. I think.

After our final class, Adrien and I meet at the school entrance.

"I already told my parents I will be home late today," I say.

"Same, I told my dad I had an extra fencing class today," he says.

"Ok we should be good then," I tell him and we walk towards the Agreste mansion.

"Tikki, take this small camera," I say as I hand it to her. The camera is about an inch long and it's a black square.

"You guys are going to follow Gabriel around and record how he accesses his trap door."

"You can count on us, we make a great team. Don't ya think sugercube?" He grins at Tikki as she rolls her eyes.

"I suppose," She replies as she flies into the mansion. Plagg follows her.

"Just remember to stay hidden," Adrien tells them.

"Don't worry," Plagg yawns. "This'll be a piece of cake," and he dashes away.

"What do we do now?" Adrien asks.

"Hm, I guess we wait." He looks at me and raises his eyebrows playfully. Then he pins me against the wall and kisses me hard. Right as he grabs my ass, I hear a gasp come from behind us and I look over Adrien.

"Sabrina?!" I exclaim.

"Shit!" Adrien says, turning around.

"OH GOD!" She cries. "I have to tell Chloe about this!!" And she runs away.

"Fuck!" I say. "Now everyone will know!"

"Would it really be that bad?" Adrien asks.

"Hm, I guess not," I say. "I don't really know what I'm afraid of. Maybe the fact that people will be talking about us or just the fact that sneaking around makes it feel special."

"I will make you feel like the most special person on earth, princess," he says, kissing my cheek.

"Alright, Kitty. I love you," I say.

"I love you t-"

"We're back!" Plagg and Tikki fly towards us.

"So is it true? Is he..."

"I think it'd be best for you to see for yourself," Tikki says, dropping the tiny camera into my hands. We head over to my house and go up to my room. I transfer the video to my computer and glance nervously at Adrien.

"No matter what happens, just know that I'm here for you," I say.

"Thanks Mari."

I play the video. It starts off normally. Gabriel is sitting on the couch with Nathalie behind him. Then he gets up and walks over to a giant painting.

"That's the one I saw him go to the other day," says Adrien. The video continues and Gabriel taps in the code on the painting. I write it down as the video plays. Then he falls through an elevator-like trap door located directly beneath him.

"We have to go see what's there," Adrien says quickly. "Father is leaving for a 2 day business trip next week so we'll go then."

"O-okay."

"Thanks for being so supportive, Marinette. I'll see you tomorrow. Claws out."

And with that, he dashes out my window.