Chapter 13

The next day:

I know this is hard on Adrien, but why is he being so distant with me? I've done nothing but support him and comfort him! When I try calling him, he doesn't pick up. I decide to text him.

Me: Is everything okay? Are we good?

Adrien: Yeah, it's just a lot to take in, ya know?

Me: I get it. I'm here if you need anything :)

Adrien: I'm here too bugaboo

Me: ?

I glance at my window and I see him perched on my window sill.

"Chat?!" I yell. He comes over to me and leans in close.

"That'll be Daddy to you." He whispers into my ear.

"W-WHAT??!!!"

"Haha, kidding!" How are you Marinette?" He asks.

"Um- good."

"That's good," he replies as he pats me on the back."

"Adrien, what the hell are you doing?"

"Nothing!" He says. "I'm perfectly fine! In fact, I'm so fine that I'm ready to go sneak into my father's secret hideout. Let's go!"

"O-okay. But why are you acting weird?"

"Weird? Me? No, I'm actually perfectly normal. Let's go! " Chat grabs me and jumps through the streets to his mansion.

"Let's sneak in through my window." He says. So we do. We make our way down to the trapdoor and I put in the code as Adrien de-transforms. The floor beneath us disappears and we are swept up an elevator type contraption. It comes to a stop and the door opens.

Straight ahead of us is a man in a dark suit.

Wait.

"HAWK MOTH?" Chat yells. "WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU IN MY HOUSE?!"

"Chat, I think you know why..." I reply quietly. "There's really only one explanation."

"How did you kids get here?!" Hawk moth asks. "This is PERFECT! YOUR MIRACULOUS ARE JUST WITHIN REACH!"

"Enough with the miraculous," Chat glares at him. "You're really never gonna get them, so just stop trying dad." Hawk Moth states at him in shock.

"W-what did you just call me?" Hawk Moth stutters. Chat glances at me as a sign to attack. We lunge at him and as he knocks me back with his staff, chat rips the miraculous from his chest.

"NOOOO!" He yells as he transforms back into Gabriel Agreste.

"Wow, you really are..." Chat begins to say. "Holy shit. Yeah, dad I'm your son."

"Adrien, you don't understand. I was doing it for her," he says solemnly.

"Who?" I ask. He walks over to a display of greenery. In the middle of it is a transparent coffin.

"MOM?!" Adrien exclaims. Inside the coffin is Emily Agreste.

"Now give me your miraculous so I can cure her, Adrien."

"DUDE! Stop trying to get our miraculous, you suck at it, goddamn," I say.

"Wait, what if we could bring him back Mari?" Chat asks as he begins to slowly slip off his ring.

"No! Remember that someone would have to pay the price equal to the wish!" I reply.

"But...she would come back."

"Adrien you know we can't do that..."

"...I know," he says sadly. I see a tear roll down his face. "What do we do now?"

"We have to turn him in." I say.

"Yeah, I guess so."

"No son, you don't want to do this!" Gabriel says immediately.

"Oh, but I do father. You have been nothing but awful to me my entire life. You've been distant and secretive and I hardly ever see you. Not to mention you fucking akumatized the people I love. So yeah, I do want to turn you in."

"Adrien I-" Gabriel stutters.

"Don't. Just don't talk to me father. Mari, get the police. I'll stay down here with him."

And with that, I leave to find the police.