Chapter Thirty-Two - This Cruel Life

Chapter Thirty-Two

The next day started out like any other since I arrived in London, except the fact that I was wrapped in Harry's arms and he had snuggled close to me, pinning me against his chest. I looked up into his sleeping face and admired my handsome man. His hair had dried over night and it was now unruly, the pure definition of 'bed head'. I leaned up and gently kissed his lips,  when I pulled back,  I finally noticed the fatigue on his face. Yesterday must have been more physically and mentally demanding then he had let on.

I laid my head back down onto his chest and closed my eyes again. I focused on his heart beat and naturally breathing. Harry was at peace in his sleep at this moment and I didn't want to wake him up. I finally had time to think about BP and the event that I had gone to last night. Did I really go to it, or was it just a dream? A dream... Working at BP has been my dream since forever. It was my drive to do well. My focus, my goal in life. Laying here with someone who has my whole heart and thinking about this made me so happy. Because of Harry, I got to experience and see BP and because of BP,  I got to meet Harry. It was funny how life works, truly funny.

After a while, I grew hungry. I gently slid out of Harry's arms, careful not to wake my sleeping prince, and then made my way out to the kitchen to find some food. I grabbed my phone on the way and decided to see how Jennifer was fairing in Hawaii with her guy. I sent her a quick text and then threw some toast in the toaster for breakfast. There was an article written on the radio show that One Direction had done the night before. I read about the happenings and the clicked the back button to browse more stories. Just then, my toast popped, and I reached over to take it out. At the same time, I noticed an interesting name to an article that had just popped up as new. I grabbed my toast and then realized why the article name was so interesting to me. My name was in the title! My toast was hot and I was so shocked to see the name of the title that I dropped it onto the floor.

Now Magazine: HIRED GIRLFRIEND? KRISTEN BROOKS TRUE PURPOSE REVEALED.

I slumped to the floor, my legs collapsing under the weight of my body. Please tell me I am dreaming. I clicked on the article and sure enough, it was all about me. Where I was from, why I was here, and that I was hired. How did anyone find out about this? Me coming here as a hire was a secret, only a select few knew... If the article wasn't bad enough, at the end of the article was something that I could never have seen coming.

'Since Kristen is for hire,  it seems that she can have multiple clients at one time. Here we see Brooks exiting the BP: Barns Patrick Advertising Corporation building with a young man.' A picture was attached to the article of me walking out of the BP building last night with Jasper, and then another of me getting into the taxi and Jasper holding the door for me. I pinched myself. Literally. I pinched myself as hard as I could until my skin burned pink from how hard I pinched. This has to be a dream. Any moment I am going to wake up in Harry's arms and the day will be fine. I squeezed my eyes tight, as my heart started to swell up, and then opened them again. I was still in the kitchen. I repeated this process until my tears couldn't hold themselves back anymore and the gunk started to form in my throat, making it hard to breath.

This is reality! My conscience screamed in terror. No... No! I tucked my legs in and wrapped my arms around them, trying to shield myself from the harsh world in which I live. The world knows my secret, I am an escort, at least, I was. Until Harry and I fell in love with each other and then 'escort this' and 'escort that' didn't matter anymore. We fell in love. My tears were running uncontrollably and I started to rock myself back and forth on the cold kitchen floor. Trying to be silent so that I didn't wake anyway in the flat, especially Harry. My body was shacking, and it wasn't from external cause, like chills, it was shacking from within myself. My heart burned and I could barely believe that just two minutes ago, I was the happiest person alive. Who would write something like this?