Chapter Eighteen - Niall

Bit of a late update. Sorry!

Enjoy!

~Sea

Chapter Eighteen

Feeling happy after my visit with Liam. I skipped on over -not actually skip, but walked happily- to Niall's.

Niall and I have had our moments. He hasn't really said a whole lot to me, but he has made me feel better and has gone out of his way to comfort me. I thought back to the day of the interview when Harry had rudely pulled away from me and Niall waa there to be that quiet, but comforting hand.

"Ouch! Be right there!" I heard after I had knocked on the door. "Kristen?" He looked surprised like Liam but ushered me in kindly but hurriedly. "Come in! Come in!" Him practically running back to the kitchen. His place smelled of pizza as I walked further in Niall met me in the living room with a plate with two pieces on it.

"I see I caught you eating lunch." I said eyeing his food.

"Nah! I'm always eating so it's normal." He smiled and was about to take the first bite to the pizza now in his hand but stopped. "Ummm... Would you like some?" I could tell he wanted to eat it and since this was a surprise visit I wasn't going to take that away by eating his pizza, even though pizza sounds really good at the moment.

"Eat on up! I'm fine." He smiled at me after I spoke and took a gracious bite.

"Oh where are my manners. Please." He pointed to one of the high stools next to the breakfast bar of the kitchen. I took one while he placed his plate next to me then hurried to the fridge.

"Would you like anything to drink?" He asked turning his head to look at me.

"Water, please and thanks."

"Coming right up!" He grabbed a glass filled it with cool water and handed it to me saying "Here ya go darling."

I smiled and took it taking a quick sip then placed it in front of me. Niall sat down beside me taking another bite of his pizza.

"Sorry for this surprise visit." I started out apologizing since that is the common curtesy to do. He waved me off.

"It's fine!" Not much of a talker I see... I guess we can just start with the basics.

"Today I was thinking I don't know much about you. I have been here for a week already and we haven't had a proper conversation."

He stopped eating and looked at me. He chewed his food quietly and didn't say anything till he had swallowed.

"Your right." We sat there for a minute. This was difficult!

"So what do you like to do?" I asked smiling at him.

"I play the guitar." Man, his accent was thick. I don't think I had heard anything so thick before in my life. If it was a piece of meat it would be killer to cut.

"You do? Show me." He looked at me for a second. Probably to make sure I was serious.

"Okay..." He said shyly getting off his stool then disappearing into a room only to reemerge with a 6-stringed guitar. "I don't normally do this for girls..." His cheeks turned red. Awww! Niall was getting shy! He rested his foot on the stools rungs and started singing.

"Now I'm climbing the walls, but you don't notice at all. That I'm going out of my mind all day and all night."

I recognized the familiar tune since I had listened to it on the flight over. One Thing is what it was called. He played and sang and I could tell once he started the nerves went away and he was in his element. He loved to perform and just seeing his passion made watching him that much more pleasurable.

I clapped once he strung the last chord. "You are so good, Niall! Would you be willingly to teach me a few things?" I have always been interested in the guitar but never took the time to learn it because I focused more on school. Seeing as I was here with a successful musician with some free time, why not?

He hesitated at first. "Really? You want me to teach you?" His accent was so adorable! It must be an American thing to like everyone's accent but our own.

"Mmhmm!" I nodded excitedly.

He removed the guitar strap from his shoulder and put it over my head handing me the guitar. Butterflies started in my belly as I placed my fingers over the strings. I had always wanted to do this and now I was!

"You alright?" Niall asked as he adjusted the strap around my shoulders.

"I'm fantastic! This is my first time holding a guitar." I had a huge smile on my face as I slid my fingers over the strings tugging one of them carefully and was over joyed when I heard the note play.

"Now I see what I look like when I play." Niall commented smiling at me.

"What do you mean?" I asked with curiosity. He was talking finally! I was surprised it took him so long to open up.

"I hear I smile bigger when I play. They must see what I am seeing now." His words made me flush a bit and when he saw my cheeks redden his did as well.

"It's not just your smile, Niall. You have a great stage presence because you love what you do. I saw it just a few minutes ago and so whenever or if ever you think that you weren't meant for this, remember that." I gave him a little pat on the shoulder kinda what Liam had done to me earlier and I saw his eyes moisten slightly.

"Thank you!" He said giving me a tight hug. I was shocked he could do that with his guitar in between us but be pulled it off. "Let me teach you some chords." He said looking at me with shining eyes.

"Thanks again, Niall. I had a lot of fun!" I gave him a hug at the front door. A few chords turned into a song and he ended up pulling out a second guitar to play with me and we sang together. It was really a unique experience that I am sure girls dream about and lucky me got to live.

"Come again anytime and we can jam again!" He gave me a squeeze before letting me go. It was good to finally have things flowing between us. I was nervous at first that we wouldn't really get anywhere but it all worked out.

I gave him a small wave as he closed the door. He flashed me a smile then click went the door telling me it was shut.

_____

As you can tell now the past two chapters are about Kristen having one on one time with each of the boys.

I noticed that they haven't really been prominent characters and I think they all should have a small part of being the star.

And one more thing:

I apologize again for the grammar mistakes. Nobodies perfect and I hope it isn't to bad that you can't see past it.

I'm trying to make the story more interesting than the grammar and spelling issues. :P

Till next chapter!

~Sea :)