Chapter Thirteen - The Interview

I think this is the longest chapter I have written but I'm not sure.

Enjoy!

~Sea

Chapter Thirteen

I opened my eyes and saw Harry looking at me with hurt in his beautiful green eyes. My heart lurched and I immediately moved to comfort him, but he moved away from me and that's when I saw it. His lips were twitching with anger. I fell apart inside from the rejection of my touch.

"Harry, what's wrong?" I asked trying to make sense of the situation.

"You know exactly what is wrong!" He hissed at me.

I was briefly confused for a second until it hit me. He knew! How did he find out? My mouth fell open as this all came crashing down on me at once.

"How could you do this to me? You lied to everyone! I thought I really knew you... I thought that..." He didn't finish. The hurt in his eyes becoming more clearer to see. I wanted to be as far away as I could but then at the same time I wanted to stay with him... To beg him for forgiveness.

When I didn't speak he got up from next to the couch to leave. Every step he took made my heart feel like it was being smacked hard like a drum.

"Harry! I was stupid. Don't go! Don't leave me!" Tears started to stream down my cheeks as he continued leaving....

"Harry!" I screamed sitting straight up on the couch in the living room. I blinked my eyes waiting for them to adjust to the small sunlight coming in through the windows.

A dream. I hugged myself grateful to be awake. I swear I wanted to strangle my head for giving me such nightmares. I then remembered the first time I had this same dream. It was earlier this week. In Harry's car actually.

BP... BP... I chanted in my head trying to get focus. It clearly did not work because my thoughts kept returning to Harry. What in heavens name was going through my head when I accepted to come here?

Working at BP. Your dream since forever!... My subconscious said to me.

Was all this lying worth it? At the start, maybe... No, it was not. So then why am I here? Trying to check my feelings, I thought back to when I heard Harry for the first time through the phone when he called the agency. His voice was so tempting and the desperation in it made me curious... Curious why? Why should I have cared? I laughed at that last word. I couldn't care because I didn't know him. I pushed out that thought quick and confirmed to myself that it was because London is where BP resides and that is where I want to be. But then, how come when I state that it doesn't feel right or true?

I suddenly felt eyes on me and I looked and saw Louis sitting on the floor by the couch in a T shirt and stripped pajama pants, watching me. My eyes widened and I wondered how long he had been sitting there.

"Morning..." I said shyly.

At first, he didn't say anything. He looked at me like he was assessing me. The earlier question pressed in my head again.

"How long have you been there?" I finally asked.

"Long enough. I was woken up by cries coming from you. Is there something going on between you and Harry more then meets the common eye?"

Wow! Why do I feel like my life is suddenly in fast forward? I have barely known Harry a week and feelings are now being thrown down on the table.

"Why would you ask that?" I said innocently.

"Because you called out his name multiple times in your sleep." He said crossing his arms giving me 'the look'.

I blinked back embarrassment. I am now a sleep talker. Wonderful! What if I said something the first time? Has Harry heard me?