Chapter Thirty - BP: Barns Patrick Advertising Corporation

Chapter Thirty

"What are you doing, stupid? Don't walk towards it!" I yelled at the television screen. Harry and I were having a cuddle and movie date at the flat and he had put on some tornado movie... To me, it was more frustrating and hilarious instead of an action- thriller. Harry sat beside me and I noticed that he covered his mouth to try and subdue his laughs. "You better not be laughing at me." I said in a warning tone.

"Of course I am laughing at the movie..." Harry said, holding back laughs.

"You are such a liar!" At this, he could not control himself any longer and his laughs erupted. I smacked him on the shoulder. "Hey!"

"Alright, I'm sorry." He said as his laughs grew quieter. He reached his hand over to me and stroked my face with the back of his hand. "Have I ever told you that you are so beautiful?"

"I see, so you are now trying to change the subject." I said as I leaned into his touch. His warm knuckle caressing my face gave me, familiar and welcome, electric stings that made my heart pound and blood rush through my vains.

His eyes grew more passionate and less playful as he asked them same question again. "Maybe," I said. "But a girl can never hear it too much." I smiled at him.

"You are so beautiful." Harry said has he leaned his head toward mine, turning his hand around and sliding it around my neck to pull me closer. I relaxed and moved my head toward him, accepting his lips.

Harry and I have gotten much closer since that time with management a week ago. I was so relived to know that Harry was still part of One Direction and that Susan was taken off of management. Now, I really felt like Harry's girl. His one and only and not just some whore or escort that was first originally hired here as a job. I am much more relaxed and the confusion over why I am here is gone. There was a part of me however, that still longed to see the BP: Barns Patrick Advertising Corporation building... at least once. My desire to work there has not died, but, I still have not have told Harry the truth about why I came instead of Jennifer. He doesn't know that I was originally, never really an escort to begin with.

Thoughts like that always made sweet moments like this turn sour. I pulled away and patted Harry on his cheek with a smile, and then cuddle up against him again and finished watching the movie.

***

"I will see you later." I smiled and kissed Harry outside by the curb. One Direction was off to do a special radio broadcast for the new album titled Take Me Home that had been released worldwide this last week. The energy was in the air and fans had gotten ten times crazier. I understand now why, after living and getting to know all the boys of One Direction, what is there not to like? I am now one of the crazy fans since my boyfriend is Harry Styles.

"Why don't you come with me?" Harry whined before Liam grabbed him and Yankee him into the car. "Because you will be busy and I will only distract you." I replied. Harry stuck out his head out the window and leaned it toward me.

"Okay." He said frowning a bit. This is the first time we will be a part since that time at Greenwich. I smiled fondly at that memory as I stepped towards the car and gave Harry a sweet and loving kiss.

"I love you, Kristen!" He called as the car pulled away and his window began to roll up.

"I love you too, Harry!" I said waving at the growing distant car that he was in. I stood on the sidewalk until I could not see the car anymore and then went back upstairs to the flat where I began to plan my day.

Today was the day I went to see the BP building. I quickly dressed in slacks and blouse. The taxi was here right on the dot and during the drive, I controlled my butterflies. Every inch the car moved forward was an inch closer to the biggest dream I have ever had. I was let out directly in front, and after I had paid the driver. He was gone.

There I stood, in front of something I could only imagine back in the United States; the BP building. I was in awe of how glorious and tall it stood. Busy workers and clients were constantly rushing in and out of the wide glass doors just ten feet in front of me. I finally felt closer to my purpose in coming here to London. Today was the day that I told Harry everything and then we could move toward the future of our relationship. I don't know how long I stood there on the sidewalk, the cold weather completely forgotten. I was tempted to go in, but instead, I took one last longful look and turned away - smacking directly into someone, which knocked me down.

I was too embarrassed to speak, but a gentle male voice spoke to me as hands gathered around me to help me back up to my feet.

"Pardon me." The man said. I finally looked up into the face of the person I had hit. "Mr. Barns Patrick." I said astonished.

He smiled at me and extended his hand. "I see there is no need for an introduction, Miss?" His voice went up a tad bit, asking the question of what my name is. "How rude of me! I am Kristen Brooks." I took his hand and shaked it firmly and before I could stop it, my mouth started running. "I am a huge fan of your work. My dream has to always been to work for your company. I love all your company's work."

Mr. Patrick chuckled. "And did you come all the this way to tell me this?" I blurted out a yes to his question almost instinctively. Here I am talking to Mr. Barns Patrick on the street!

"Mr. Patrick you have a meeting in ten minutes with the section heads." His aide said, who was standing behind. My heart sank at hearing this. This was my chance to get a wedge in the door and I was bombing it big time. He at his aide in understanding and then turned back to me. "Well Miss Brooks, I have appreciated your kinds words and I hope to see you someday again."

I nodded and stepped to the side, not knowing what else to say. Mr. Patrick passed me, followed by his aide and then walked into the building. I stood in place, stunned. I blew it. I repeated to myself as I replayed my small conversation with Mr. Patrick. I saw all my dreams crumble as I watched Mr. Patrick go through the front doors, never to be assembled again. I turned and began to walk down the street to calm myself down before I headed back to the flat.

How come, out of all the things I could have said to Mr. Patrick, the only thing that would come out of my mouth was rambling fan girl. I stopped and turned to get one more look at the building of BP: advertising. I let myself imagine for a moment me walking through the front doors, like those I had seen before, keeping myself busy with brainstorming with coworkers more creative ideas for selling products and promoting items.

I told myself on my way here that I wanted to have just a look, but that was a lie. After being so close, I realize my dream was still as precious to me as it was the morning Harry called the Fantasy office. I have always wanted to be apart of BP. This made me think of Jennifer. I was so grateful for the friendship and job that she offered me when I needed it most and without her, I would not have met Harry. We both would still be going through our lives separately, never knowing the other existed. This caused my heart to throb and a my eyes slowly started to rim with tears.

What do I have to do in order to tell Harry the truth and also work at BP: Barns Patrick Advertising Corporation. Why am I so scared to tell the man that I love the truth about me? As these thoughts were running through my head, someone tapped gently on my shoulder and spoke my name. I wiped my eyes quickly and turned to see Mr. Patrick aide from before.

"Miss Brooks, I am so glad I found you. This is a it short notice, but Mr. Patrick has asked me to extend an invitation to you to our internship night tonight." The man handed me a card size envelope and nodded for me to take it. Shocked, I could say nothing but take the invitation willingly.

"Yes, thank you so much!" I said holding the closed envelope tight in my hands to make sure it did not blow away. "We hope to see you there." The aide nodded to me again and then turned and walked back up the street in the direction of the BP building.

I turned around feeling ecstatic and giggling! My heart was happy and I could not help the smile that spread across my face.

Wow. The realization hit me.

What just happened?