~~ SIXTY FOUR ~~

A/N: Another two updates coming your way! Enjoy

"Cold Fire!" was the first spell I cast, the three Holy Knights enveloped in blue flames.

They startled first at the cool flames dancing over them then at us as we came barrelling towards the demons with reckless abandon.

"Don't worry, guys! The Sin of Greed is here!"

"One of the sins?" cried the only female of the group. I laughed at the luck of it – this seemed to be the three knights who'd stood outside the shop earlier.

Before they could do anything, I activated my flames on both fists. "Enflame!" I hit the closest demon and it tumbled sideways from the force. A domino effect occurred and when they landed and the dust cleared, I blew on my fists as if to blow out the disappearing flames.

The knights stood unharmed in the centre, hands over their heads and debris bouncing off the defence of Cold Fire. They must have lost their blades along the way and they trembled like newborn calves, weary eyes wide in shock.

"You better get out of here, kids," Leraj said, drawing his sword.

The demons screeched, murderous eyes now focused entirely on us as they clambered inelegantly to their feet.

"Come on, let's go!" one of the males cried.

"Wait, we can help!" said the other, resisting his friend's attempts to drag him away. The female had already limped away and was watching from the shadow of a mainly upright building. "My skills are long range, I can provide support for you."

"You can do so by keeping your friends safe. Head back the way we came, you'll be safer in that direction, and stay hidden," I replied, taking measured steps before the demons. "We'll give you time to run before we use our powers so you better go quick."

He hesitated a moment longer then ran towards his female friend and gave her a piggyback. The other male followed diligently behind and they made haste past us.

"Thank you," the female said tiredly and I nodded at her in farewell.

"What do you have planned, Estra?" Leraj asked hurriedly, as the demons began charging us.

"Scatter for now! I plan on using Firework." We sprinted in different directions as the first demon huffed and snorted at the end of its charge.

I zipped through the legs of the next one and dodged the next two. The three chasing me collided then bunched together to come at me. I darted down a narrow alleyway just as they rammed into it, demolishing the two buildings. A wave of destruction followed close on my heels as I rode it to the safety of sunlight and immediately hooked a left.

I met Leraj in the middle of a courtyard. We pressed our backs to the fountain in the centre, the demons forming an arc before us. Adrenaline buzzing in my veins made me jittery and I calmed myself with a breath. I needed to concentrate, not follow blinding in the throes.

"I think they're far enough away," I said, clawing my hands and throwing them to the sky.

The air shimmered violently, speckles of light like midnight stars in the air around us and the demons. I tasted crackles on my tongue and my hair began rising on end. I felt rather than saw Leraj stiffen beside me as the spider veins of ebony zigzagged across my fingers and palms. I brought my hands down in line with my face, the demons visible between my fingers.

The Mana rose within me, blotting out all the aches and pains, filling me with euphoria and that hunger again. And something darker, something twisted and evil in my soul and so right all of sudden.