~~ 66.5 ~~

Leraj's POV: 

I strode towards Hendrickson and with each step, power crackled from me. Sparks and static danced over my skin.

The last few hours hadn't really filled anyone with hope that I'd have strength for the final battle so I hoped my show of power quashed a few concerns people had. Little remained left in reserve but I didn't have to hold onto it anymore. Hendrickson had shown us his strongest self and if I didn't go at him with everything I had, I wouldn't be able to keep them safe.

I hoped being on par strength to Meliodas' current state would be enough; but - and I sensed her eyes boggling out of her head - I knew a certain Fox would provide backup if need be. Blackish red flames devoured what remained of my shirt and my tattoos and scars wove together, wielding themselves into my own devil mark.

If I'd had my full strength from my day's before, a grey demon like this would have never stood more than a few seconds chance against me.

"This is it for you, Hendrickson. I'm not letting you come any closer to the Princess of Liones." I paused my steps, pointing my sword at the demon.

The grey demon cocked his head. "You honestly think you can beat me? You have one foot in the grave. And you have the audacity to face me one on one."

"I never said this was one on one. But after the hell I've been through, I get the first few hits. Now, show me what you've got, you useless excuse for a knight."

His arm pulled back but I disappeared. His strike landed, hitting nothing but air and the poor Holy Knights that had been in the path. I heard him fall to the ground as I skidded to a halt some distance away, flicking blood from my sword.

He tried to pivot but it was too late to move. My speed now bordered on a whole nother level compared to earlier. I kicked him square in the chest and sent him into the sky. I poured my strength into my legs and followed him up.

Blood rained down as I bombarded him with strikes, my sword and body a blur in the sky. His regeneration fought to keep up but I'd dealt with demons enough and observed enough to know how to keep ahead of his regeneration rate.

I sailed above him and raised my sword overhead, flames running down my arms and across the blade. I swung it down with a single word.

"Retribution."