~~ 21.25 ~~

Leraj's POV 

I slumped against the wall, utterly heart broken. My hands shook as I rubbed my face. 

My Fox, Estra, how could I have let this happen to her? I had no right to want her, not after what I did. Her eyes... She hated me. I couldn't go back in there, not now. Not until I had earned her forgiveness.

I sank to the ground and pulled my hands away from my face. My eyes darted to the long orange scar across my left knuckles, a memento of our time together. It had been one of the attacks with the stick she had managed to land on me when we had been training. She'd been so proud to actually land a hit on me. 

My chuckle became a sob. Then I berated myself for being so weak. I was a former Grey Demon, one of the strongest to ever reign. All these years in the human world were making me weak. The last time I had shed tears had been for the human child who took care of me. Tears were for those with no strength left within them; I always fought to the bitter end. 

Estra's smiling face drifted before me before a series of scream shattered it. Her screams. The ritual had begun. I clenched my hands into fists and swore on my life that I would find a way to save her, no matter the consequences. If I had to battle Hendrickson, then so be it. 

Resolve strengthened, I headed back to the barracks to train. Tomorrow, Hendrickson would begin working with her. No doubt her memory will have been tampered and she won't remember her connections to the Seven Deadly Sins. I just had to get her to remember. 

Hendrickson's already said he's tasked me with being her 'friend', which meant it would be a lot easier for me to work my magic. 

I dipped my head to hide my grin from onlookers. Hendrickson was a fool. 

Rule number one of contracting a demon. 

Always make sure to check for any hidden abilities.  

A short section from Leraj. 

What I am trying to portray is the love he feels for Estra. I wouldn't say it's true love but some of you will know what I'm trying to allude to. I think. I have no idea if it comes across as right or not because I'm a single pringle and suck at romancey scenes/ sections. 

Thoughts appreciated; even if you just leave a little comment. 

Thanks!

21.5 will be from Hendrickson's view and 21.75 will be from... well, I haven't got that far yet. It will either be Meliodas' or maybe Hawk's. That would be interesting.