~~ FIFTY NINE ~~

I mean, it's probably noon somewhere in the world right now.... Sorry, guys, but this chapter had me pulling out my damn hair ARGH! I don't know what it was but it frustrated the hell out of me. I actually scrapped it completely right after I posted the announcement because I didn't like how it was turning out. 

Please let me know your thoughts. I know it's not a highly active chapter but I'd love your feedback on the dialogue and such :) 

~~

"What the-?!" Howzer exclaimed. I was surprised he didn't drop the ghost that spoke like a sack of potatoes. "So you're still..."

I rubbed the centre of my forehead as Gowther looked around innocently. It was wrong to assume he'd died – killing Sins was harder than killing a cockroach. "It's good to see you awake, Gowther," I said, which drew his attention briefly.

"Where did he go?" Gowther said, asking about Ban of all people.

"You were with him last, what happened?" I questioned, the others leaning in close.

Gowther blinked once. "I volunteered to return after we noticed Diane's abilities. The Captain and Ban were supposed to be heading to the castle together but now it seems only the Captain has continued on and is now battling someone."

"It's definitely Gilthunder." Everyone turned to look at Leraj who was wiping his blade clean before he sheathed it. "It's not hard to gather by the power behind that lightning attack. He's always been skilled and quite capable in keeping Meliodas occupied."

Diane's eyes narrowed. "Wait a minute... I didn't realise before because we were busy trying not to die but you're the man Estra talked out. Leraj."

Leraj froze, locking eyes on me for half a second before glancing up at the giant. He knew there would be no friendly welcoming and I'd forgotten to warn my friends that he's with us for now. "Yes, that's me," he said slowly.

As quick as a fox, she hoisted him into the air. "We've heard all about what you did to her. All of it," Diane huffed, holding Leraj close to her face. King hovered by Diane's head. They were like two coiled vipers with a trapped mouse.

I shook my hands in the air to get her attention. "Hey, Diane, it's okay!" Please just don't throw him into a building. He's valuable. She ignored me and I got really concerned that we'd have a fight between demon and giantess quite soon.

"Then you should know how sorry I am that ever happened to her, and majority of it by my hands," was all he said. Diane didn't like that answer, her hand squeezing tighter and a flicker of pain streaked across Leraj's face. "By all means, crush me now. Just know that your Captain won't be pleased if you get rid of the person he asked for."

Steam literally blew from Diane's ears. "The Captain asked for you?"

"Yes, Diane! The Captain asked me to find him!" I shouted up, trying hard to diffuse the situation from my pitiful place on the ground. I looked at the others for help but they were intensely trying to avoid the confrontation by pretending to survey their armour and weaponry.

"After this is all over, I give you full permission to hit me," Leraj said. "No holding back, full strength, whatever you want. But right now, we have more important things to worry about. So I ask that you put me back on the ground."

That was bold. Diane wavered, considering his words. Then she plumped the demon back on the ground. "And you don't move." Crisis adverted. I sighed.

"Deal," he said, relief evident in his voice. He ran a hand through his hair and mused it even more. "Now, Gowther, who else do you sense?"

The pink haired sin cocked his head at Leraj, staring hard. Leraj's face twitched with annoyance as Gowther left his question unanswered and a tense, long minute passed.