~~ FOUR ~~

The bar owner rushed to the side of the knight, pulling away armour to reveal the girl underneath. She was quite tall, wearing a tight, black one- piece. Her white hair was like a wave underneath her as the owner picked her up, as if she weighed nothing more than a stick, and headed for the stairs.

"Hey, I was wondering if you could do me a favour," he addressed me.

"Sure, what is it?" I asked.

"Can you prepare some tea for the girl; Hawk, show her where everything is." With that, I was left downstairs with the pig, whom instructed me in what to do and how do it.

"You really don't know your way around the kitchen," Hawk snorted, watching as I b­lew violently on a small fire caught on the edge of a tea towel.

I scowled at him. "Don't judge me; the least you could do is help."

About ten minutes later, I actually managed to make a batch of tea that didn't taste like garbage. In that time, Hawk had cleared away the armour and righted all the chairs and tables thrown over in haste.

Carefully, I walked upstairs with the cup on a tray, Hawk leading the way. Hawk entered the room first and snorted indignantly, rambling too quickly for me to understand.

"I brought the tea, mister," I said as I pushed the door open further with my elbow. Maybe I should find out this guy's name soon.

That's when I saw the said owner man- handling the unconscious girl. I know I was a fox before but there were just some things I didn't stand for, like grabbing parts of a woman's body without consent.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" The tray trembled from my anger, the tea splashing out of the cup. Now I was getting mad.

"I'm checking for a heartbeat," he said, squeezing her boob.

She suddenly sat up, her fringe covering her eyes; the bar owner just kept on squeezing and I felt so tempted to throw the tea at him.

"E- excuse me?" she said in a soft voice.

"Yep, all nice and healthy," he replied, turning to me and Hawk.

I scowled while Hawk went on a rant.

"Where am I?" the girl asked. "Excuse me, what am I doing here?"

"Oh yeah," said the bar owner. "You walked into my bar, then passed out cold."

"And scared every poor patron of the bar in the process," I added.

"Your bar?" the girl looked the bar owner up and down, probably wondering why a kid was running a bar.

"Yep. It's called the Boar Hat. It's my tavern." The bar owner looked quite impressed with himself.

"So you are the owner?" She still seemed sceptical.

"Yep. Why? Is that weird?"

"Oh, well, I just saw the sword on your back and assumed that.."

"Oh, this old thing," he said, a hand on the hilt. She flinched away as he drew it, but it turned out to be nothing but a relic. The blade was broken, leaving only the hilt for anyone to see.

Bored, I zoned out of the conversation, standing awkwardly in the corner. I didn't know if I was supposed to hand her the tea or if I was supposed to leave it somewhere; I wasn't all too good at this type of thing.

Suddenly the girl screamed and I jumped back, the tea cup bouncing up and crashing to the ground. I bared my teeth at the girl, who was now currently hugging Hawk.

"It's a talking piggy! So cute!" Hawk seemed to glow, before introducing himself. "I've always wanted a talking pig!" she exclaimed happily, rubbing Hawk's back, who muttered something about being appreciated for once.

"You never had one?" the bar owner asked.

"My father wouldn't let me," she answered sadly.

"Hey, you hungry at all? I can make you something. Our friend here-," he said, turning to me. Glumly, I stared at the cup of tea shattered all over the floor. "Well, she did have a cup of tea for you."

"Oh, hi there!" she said cheerful.

"Hi," I replied in a monotone voice, before stomping back down the stairs with the empty tray. I didn't even bother to make excuses to clean up; I wasn't in the mood.

Soon, they were all downstairs, the bar owner in the back making food, Hawk doing whatever he does and the girl studying the seven 'Wanted' posters. I sat on the edge of the bench, kicking my legs while watching the girl. She seemed kind of down.

Two plates clattered on the table top beside me and I looked down to see an exquisite meal before me.

FOOD! My stomach grumbled loudly and the bar owner laughed at me.

"Come get some food!" the owner called out to the girl, pointing at the other plate then at me. "Some for you too."

"First you nurse me back to health and now you're feeding me? How could I possibly thank you enough?" the girl said, gazing down at the food in wonder.

I was staring at my plate in wonder too. It looked and smelled so good! Inhaling the scent, I quickly grabbed the metal fork, I think that was what humans called it, and stabbed it into the meat.

"You might want to taste that first before saying thanks," Hawk said.

"Alright. It looks so good."

Breaking off a small piece, I took a bite just as the girl did. Let's just say, it definitely was not what I was expecting.

"What do you think? Awful, isn't it?" the bar owner said gleefully.

"Ah, yes," she said with a full mouth.

A shudder went through me and my eyes began to water at the taste. It was foul and awful; but I didn't want to be rude and spit it out. But I sure as hell did not want to swallow the rancid meat.

"Knew it was," both Hawk and the bar owner replied.

The girl began to cry. "But still, it's delicious. More than I can say." The owner and Hawk both looked shocked by the statement.

While they were both staring at the crying girl, I discreetly leant down and spat the meat back on the plate, forcing myself not to gag and throw up all over the place. There was a napkin beside the plate and I used it to wipe at my tongue to remove the taste.

"So, what were you doing walking around in that old armour?" the owner asked, taking the plates away and placing them at old sink.

"I'm on a personal quest to find the Seven Deadly Sins." I perked up at this, turning to face her. That's when I noticed the owner staring at the girl with new interest.

"But why would you do that? No one have heard from them or if anyone has any idea if they are still alive or not. And they're serious villains," Hawk stated and I watched as the girl's grip tightened on her fork.

But before she could reply to Hawk's statement, the little wooden door shuddered with the impact of three booming knocks.