Chapter 46

"What would you like to do with the rest of the day?" We're sat in Charlie's car. The AC is turned up high but I'm still freezing. I guess my feet didn't forget the feeling of skates but my body kind of forgot the feeling of how cold it is at the rink. "Nothing" I say with clattering teeth. "Nothing?" Charlie looks at me, his head tilted in confusion. "I mean, can we just go to your place and... I don't know. I haven't seen you in so long. All I want is to curl up on the couch or in your bed." As soon as I realize what I just said my cheeks turn bright red. I could try blaming it on the cold but be both know that's not it.

"I... I didn't mean it like that." But I wouldn't mind that either, I mentally add. "I know you didn't. But yeah, I would like that too. Omg! No, that came out entirely wrong." Charlie shoots me a short shocked look and that's the moment I can't keep it together anymore and burst into laughter. "Maybe we do food and a movie first?" I intentionally said first because even though it wasn't what I meant I would not complain if the day eventually lead to that. "Yes, that sounds good. Pizza?" - "Only if I get to fall asleep on you." I smile at the memory of how embarrassed I was when I woke up rest against Charlie. Now there's nothing I want more than to wake up snuggled up against him. "I wouldn't want it any other way."

"Mia Carter, since when do you eat pizza Hawaii?" I blush and let the slice I was just about to steal drop back into Charlie's pizza box. "Ehm... no comment?" I can feel the red grow more and more obvious on my cheeks. I guess that was the entirely wrong thing to say because Charlie puts away his box and focusses all his attention on me now. "Do tell." Damn, why didn't I just eat my own pizza? This is embarrassing. "I can't! It's too embarrassing." Even in my head it sounds pathetic already. "It can't be that bad." It is but if he insists. "I had it a few times because..." I sigh heavily. "I missed you, ok? And when I ate that stupid pizza it reminded me of the night you had it and I don't know. It made me feel closer to you."

I keep staring at my hands, my cheeks burning so much I'm worried I'll get burn marks. Suddenly I feel a breeze close to me but before I can look to see what it is my face is in Charlie's hand and seconds later his lips are on mine. When he pulls away he rests his forehead against mine and whispers "I love you, Mia." My pizza box is still in my lap and suddenly it feels like the biggest obstacle I've ever had. I carefully close it before placing it on the little table next to us. I softly place my hand on Charlie's cheek and for a moment we both look at each other.

"I really missed you" I eventually whisper. On the phone I tried to be strong, I never told him how hard it had been to not have him around but I'm sure he felt it. "I missed you too. So much." He never said so either. Maybe we both tried to protect each others feelings by not saying how hard it was to be separated. "I... I wasn't gonna tell you just yet but..." Charlie suddenly seems so nervous and insecure. "What is it?" Something in his sudden mood change makes me feel really worried. "I... I talked to my mum and... to Amanda and Justin." Ok now he's making me really worried. What did he talk to his mum and my parents about? "I wanna transfer schools next semester."

It takes me a moment to understand what he said but when I do I say "Wait, you're transferring to MY school?" - "Only if you want me to, of course. Your parents said I could stay in the guest room and..." I don't let him say any more. I pretty much throw myself into his arms and press my lips against his fiercely. This is by far the best news I've ever heard! "I can't believe this! Wait... next semester as in?" - "In exactly one month, yes." - "Omg!" I can't hide my excitement at all but I don't care. "Surprise?" Charlie says with a smirk on his lips. "Best surprise ever!" I say before I place my lips back on his.

"Mia?" - "Mhm" I mumble against Charlie's bare chest. Somehow we managed to move to his bedroom before things got too heated after he told me he'll be transferring to my school. I still can't believe it! "I can't wait to have you wrapped in my arms every day." My lips curve into the brightest most stupid smile ever as I say "And I can't wait to be wrapped in your arms every day." I didn't think about it too much before coming here, or at least I tried. Whenever I thought about seeing Charlie again a small part of me thought about having to leave him again after two weeks. Now it'll only be for two weeks. I'll go back and then two weeks later he'll follow.

"I can't believe this is really happening." Charlie places a kiss on my hairline before he says "Neither can I. When I first talked to mum about it she wasn't too excited about the idea. I mean I get it. We're both young and we haven't known each other for that long but... I just knew it's what I have to do." - "What did my parents say?" Charlie stays silent for a moment which causes me to lift up my head and look at him. "They were surprisingly open to the idea but now that I know what's been happening since I left I kinda get why."