Chapter 1: Leaving Home...

"Ember, now!"

The tiny chicken Pokemon, known as Torchic, jumped up into the air and fired off a shot of flaming ashes at its opponent, a small and nervous Treecko. It looked in fear as the attack approached and tried to turn and run, despite its trainer's constant shouts to attack back. Then, in a flash, the Ember struck Treecko's torso, causing part of its green skin to turn a harsh black. Torchic stood proudly behind it, its trainer beamed as the battle concluded.

The trainer had pale skin and messy black hair. His gloves were completely black, only leaving room at the end for his fingers. His jacket was black and the T-Shirt that the jacket partly covered was all blue. The only thing really that wasn't black or blue was his trainers, which were black with the soles being white. The crowd roared as the battle came to a close, and Lucas jumped and clenched the air with the biggest smile left on his face.

The boy was named Lucas.

The trainer on the other end of the battlefield pulled out their Pokeball in a sluggish way and returned their unconscious Treecko to the Pokeball, dropping to their knees in anguish as the defeat they had endured settled in. As they put the Pokeball safely in their pocket. Lucas picked up Torchic and put it safely on his shoulder, as he walked over to shake the trainer's hand. He walked over to where the trainer knelt and held out his hand for the other trainer to shake. But, he suddenly slapped away Lucas' hand, as if dishonoured by his victory. Not willing to accept it.

Lucas was disgruntled by the opposing trainer's unwillingness to shake his hand, but something strange happened that caught his attention more than a simple refusal of a handshake. A loud beeping erupted from outside the battlefield. It turned louder and louder as each second went on until the beep suddenly became deafening and Lucas covered his ears, and the world around him shattered.

BEEP!

Lucas suddenly sat up from his bed and finally found the source of the annoying beeping. His Rotom Phone had decided to fly beside Lucas's ear for his alarm, and Lucas was thrilled. So thrilled, that he promptly grabbed Rotom and shut it off immediately, stopping the beeping noise and finally allowing some peace.

But that peace only lasted a moment as Lucas perched up from his bed and looked at his backpack. He then looked at the clock that lay on a wall in his room.

9:05.

"Oh no."

Lucas quickly rolled off of his bed and rushed over to his backpack, scouring through the Potions and Pokeballs to find his trainer outfit. He quickly changed out of his pyjamas and into the trainer outfit of his dreams, both figuratively and literally. He quickly scooped up all of the remaining Potions and Pokeballs and dumped them into his bag, zipping it up and flinging the backpack over his shoulder. He quickly rushed out of his door and flung himself down the winding staircase, almost tripping and falling on a few occasions. But, by some sort of miracle or from Arceus's blessing, Lucas made his way downstairs unscathed. And, his mom met him at the bottom of the staircase and rolled his eyes as he almost fell down the last step.

"Do you really have to do EVERYTHING in a rush?", Lucas's mom said, rolling her eyes as Lucas tried to stabilize himself after almost falling over. But, he regained balance and looked at his mom.

"This time I have a reason though! I'm going to be late to get my first Pokemon!"

"Oh no! You are going to be ten minutes late to getting the Pokemon that were specially picked for you. It's not a big deal, they'll wait for you."

She then smiled and turned around to go back into the kitchen, saying,

"Besides, I made your favourite breakfast."