Chapter 54: Prove Your Worth...

"Vibrava? Why do you want to know about that thing?"

"Well, I've been thinking about what Flannery said about Vibrava, and I think that Vibrava does want a trainer that can prove itself to be strong. So, I want to prove my worth."

"Are you sure? Vibrava seems really powerful, even for you."

"Exactly. Which is why I wanted to ask you if you have any notes about its patterns of behaviour."

Ellie went over to her bag and plied it open, reaching inside and grabbing the notebook that sat right at the bottom. Then, she sat back onto the bed and slowly fluttered the pages in the journal-type book, until she finally arrived at an extremely detailed drawing of Vibrava, complete with notes around it.

"Nice drawing!", Lucas said with enthusiasm, but Ellie dismissed Lucas' compliment, although she did appreciate it.

"You didn't come here for a detailed drawing of Vibrava though. You came for the more useful stuff. So, sorry if it isn't that useful."

She had written a few things down like its ability to spit acid to make its prey easier to consume, a few of the moves that it knew for sure and its abilities in battle. Although, she wrote the thing that Lucas was looking for. Its main weakness: anger. In one of the corners of the page, Ellie wrote,

Seems to have a few anger issues. Gets frustrated easily when things aren't going their way. Almost like a certain bird that I know...

Lucas thought about it, and the more he thought about it, the more it started to make a little bit more sense. Vibrava was known to be quick to anger, although that was a risky strategy. It could lead to Vibrava being more powerful and using more energy, but that could also be used against it. But, considering Vibrava's sheer strength being on another level to Lucas', he needed a weakness to exploit. So, it was good to at least have one to use. So, he stood up from the bed, and the gears began to turn in his head.

"You thinking of a plan, I'm presuming?", Ellie asked, and Lucas grinned back. He grabbed a Pokeball and replied,

"Yes, and I think I know what Pokemon to use as well."

The Pokeball was tossed into the air...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then, it dropped back into Lucas' hand. He tossed the Pokeball into the air, while Ellie stood at the other side with a Pokeball in hand. Lucas gave her a thumbs up and Ellie sent the ball flying into the centre of the battlefield, then ran as far away as she could from the Pokeball. Soon, Vibrava appeared from the Pokeball, glancing around and looking for its prey. Then, its eyes gazed upon Lucas, who looked more than ready to fight against Vibrava.

"Vibrava! You wanted a strong trainer, so I want to show you just how powerful me and my Pokemon can be!"

Lucas threw out the Pokeball, and out popped Shroomish. The Mushroom Pokemon danced from foot to foot, then let out some spores that blew out into the heavens, breezing by Vibrava and causing it to sneeze. Ellie laughed, but her chuckle was cut short by a deathly glare from Vibrava. Then, it turned its attention to Shroomish who looked raring to battle. So, Vibrava wasted no time and started brewing up a Sandstorm, flapping its wings and sending streams of sand through the open air. Lucas had chosen an open-air battlefield on purpose, as he didn't want to obstruct Vibrava's abilities by having it take place where it couldn't use Sandstorm. But, it also allowed Lucas to try out a strategy against it with Sandstorm.

"Shroomish, send Spores flying through the Sandstorm!", Lucas called out, and Shroomish sent many a yellow spore flying through the raging storm. The sand and wind together picked up the spores and sent it spinning through the air, where the spores eventually collided with Vibrava, starting to inflict it with a special type of drowsiness. It wasn't quite asleep, but the Sandstorm was definitely starting to lose steam. It grinned to a halt, and Shroomish rushed forwards towards Vibrava, which was still a little woozy from the spores.