Chapter 48: Battle for a Dragon!

"Alright, so it'll be three on three, no items, and it will be over when either trainer's Pokemon is defeated."

"Then, let's start!", Lucas shouted with infectious enthusiasm as he selected a Pokemon and threw it out, "Shroomish, go!"

The grass type flew from the Pokeball, looking less anxious than when it had battled previously thanks to a little extra training. Harry thought about the type matchup between his Pokemon for a second, then decided on his choice. He selected a Pokeball and lobbed it into the air, shouting,

"Poochyena, time to battle!"

Poochyena growled at Shroomish as it emerged from the Pokeball, but Shroomish didn't waver against the prospect of battle, simply sliding its feet against the ground and getting ready for battle. They had nothing to declare. All that was left was for someone to make the first move. So Harry just decided to take initiative since clearly, Lucas didn't want to.

"Alright, let's rush 'em down quickly!"

Poochyena scampered onto its feet and dashed down the battlefield with incredible agility. Yet, Shroomish planned on trying to trap Poochyena without getting in a direct confrontation. Those jaws looked horrifying to Shroomish, and Lucas wasn't too big a fan of letting Shroomish take a hit from those teeth.

"Alright, shoot out Leech Seeds in front of you and at Poochyena!"

Shroomish took a massive breath before shooting into the air. It then performed a 360-degree turn, like it was a record, spitting out seeds all across the battlefield, and in front of itself. Poochyena had a hard time dodging them but ensured that none of the little seeds hit its fur at least. It had gained a decent amount of ground now, but Shroomish was about to touch the ground and activate the seeds. It buried its head into the earth, and Poochyena attempted to jump on it while it was distracted. But, the vines rose up just as Poochyena approached. And, the seeds in front of Shroomish? They did exactly as intended.

The leech seed ensnared Poochyena in a trap, slowly sucking away its health as it was stuck in a mess of vines. Lucas smiled, while Harry appeared to not be too big a fan of the strategy.

"Try and bite away an exit!', he shouted. Poochyena immediately began to cut away at the wall made of vines, its teeth cutting along the vines like they were knives slashing away at the flora. Lucas knew it would be a limited time before Poochyena would escape from the vines and attack Shroomish easily, so he needed to knock back Poochyena.

"Headbutt!', he commanded to Shroomish, who nodded and knocked its head into Poochyena's torso. Poochyena flew over the battlefield, landing with a soft whimper. Harry spotted Poochyena's injuries, being a few marks and scratches, but judging from Poochyena's breathing, its stamina had been reduced by quite a bit. However, Harry wasn't content to stop just then.

"Alright, let's rush down Shroomish again!"

Poochyena turned to Harry and nodded. But, it then looked at the battlefield and found it to be much more cramped with the number of vines sprouted out of the battlefield, both horizontally and vertically. It blocked off a lot of the area, making it much harder to hop over. Yet, Poochyena knew its agility had improved, so was more than happy to take on the difficult challenge.

Poochyena dived down onto the battlefield and then started long jumping across the battlefield, covering as much safe space as possible with each jump across. Of course, Lucas admired the spectacle of Poochyena's footwork but wasn't about to let it gain ground for free.

"Alright, let's spread some spores around the battlefield!"

Shroomish jumped up into the air, and yellow spores flew from the top of its mushroom head as if it was trying to wade away Poochyena with the threat of the spores' surprising sleepiness. But, Poochyena had enough guts to dive in regardless. Shroomish was vulnerable while the spores were active, giving Poochyena the perfect opportunity. It dived past the final defence of vines, then hopped through a slashed vine wall. Lucas wanted to shout out a command, but by then, Shroomish's foot had been caught in Poochyena's mouth's titanium grip.