Chapter 84: Sparks Fly!

Through a clearing in the Route, they made it back to where they started a month ago. Route 110. Except, they made it through the entrance from Route 103. So, instead of seeing the Cycling Road right in front of them, it was in a more nature-dense area, with there being tall grass and forest plenty in front of them. And, of course, Pokemon galore. The perfect scene for Ellie's next capture. Or so she hoped. Seijo led the pack through the forests, as Lucas followed closely behind and Ellie stood at the tail end of the party, carefully throwing an empty Pokeball up and down. Seijo set down his bag, throwing it open and retrieving a map of the Route that he had quickly downloaded before they departed from Petalburg. He looked around to get his bearings, then looked forward, then to his right.

"If we want to get to Slateport as quickly as possible from here, we take a right. But, you guys wanted to go exploring, right?"

"I'm alright to go either way, but Ellie said she wanted to catch a Pokemon from here...which she won't tell me about.", Lucas pouted, to which Ellie just responded with a finger over her lips,

"Shhhh. You'll find out in due time."

Soon, a horde of Magnemites flew overhead. They seemed to fly together, the magnetism from their bodies attracting them to each other so they flew in droves across the sky. Seijo pointed up and asked,

"Are those the Magnemites from New Mauville?"

"Could be, but if not, it still couldn't be a bad place to start looking.", Lucas said, turning to Ellie who gave a hearty nod. Then, they all gathered together and slowly followed behind the Magnemites. It was a good thing that the Magnemites were pretty slow when flying, just all huddled together puttering through the air. But, they still looked to have some sort of direction, which was more than any of them had. After roughly two minutes of following, the Magnemite's charge between them departed, as they slowly fluttered to the ground. The trio took another two steps forward to follow after them, only to be ambushed by a group of Electrikes with one head Manectric, barking and snarling at the trio. The trio quickly drew Pokeballs, but soon a familiar face turned the corner, crying out and making the Electrike family back down. It truly was the same group from New Mauville.

The Electrikes slowly backed away from the group behind the legion of Magnemites, as Magneton approached them with a warm gesture on its face (well, its eyes technically). Magneton gestured to follow and the trio were more than happy to oblige. Magneton led them deeper and deeper into the forest, passing by Electric types galore all gathered around. Magnemites, Plusle, Minuns and Electrikes all littered the trees. And, soon, they saw that it littered a small cavern dug into the side of a cliff. Entire structures and shelters were made out of wooden logs and planks, protecting against the bleak conditions of the outside world. They had stairs up to different levels of the cavern. Then, at the very top, was a large throne, made of various broken parts of tech. Magneton slowly ascended the staircases until they reached the top of the cavern, looking upon the cavern from Magneton's throne. Lucas just stood in complete awe, exclaiming,

"Did you guys build all this?", Lucas asked with awe in his eyes, as Magneton nodded, "That's incredible! Where did you learn to do all this stuff?"

Magneton grabbed a paper and pen from the side of the throne through magnetism, then began scribbling down some notes onto the paper. Although the handwriting was messy, it was still barely legible.

You learn a lot when you're trapped in a marvel of engineering and architecture for however many years.

"Yeah, I guess so. So, how did this end up happening?"

We just ended up meeting the Electrikes and gathering together to survive. We built shelters while they scavenged for food, and we both helped protect each other from any trainers or poachers.