Chapter 26: Zinnia vs Wallace Part Two!

The cheers chorused around the stadium as the two Pokemon stepped foot onto the battlefield. Each looked as imposing as the other, but Lucas' eyes were caught on Crawdaunt.

"Woah, that looks so cool!", he exclaimed as he brought out the Pokedex and scanned it as quickly as possible.

Crawdaunt, the Rogue Pokemon.

A brutish Pokémon that loves to battle. It will crash itself into any foe that approaches its nest. It is also said to be extremely hard to train.

"Hard to train?", Ellie added as she looked at the Pokedex entry, "Wallace must've put in some work to make it a battle."

"Yeah, but it'll have to pay off in battle, right? It certainly looks the part for battle."

"So, do you have any aspirations to train one of them by any chance, Lucas?", Seijo asked from behind and Lucas looked to the battlefield thoughtfully,

"If I can catch one, then I can try to. But, it may be later down the road that I decide to train one."

"Gather experience, then try and take on harder to train Pokemon. Makes sense.", Seijo added as the referee called for the battle to resume. Wallace decided to take initiative and made the decisive first move, yelling out,

"Crawdaunt, start things off with your Dragon Dance!"

Crawdaunt's pincers slashed together as it moved around, a red glow emitting from its body as its attack and speed both increased at the same time. Harry, Ellie and Lucas both hadn't seen anything like it before, and Ellie asked Seijo,

"What does Dragon Dance do?"

"It increases the Pokemon's attack and speed. It's extremely useful for setting up and then sweeping a team."

Ellie looked back to the battlefield and made a mental note to check how she could get her future Pokemon to be able to learn such a move. She made a physical note in her notebook quickly and then she went back to watching the match, where Zinnia seemed to be planning her counterattack.

"Tyrantrum, Stone Edge!"

Spikes of earth erupted from the battlefield as Tyrantrum made one giant stomp, the shards of rock spreading throughout the battlefield towards Crawdaunt. Crawdaunt stood its ground and waited for the Stone Edge to reach. Anyone would be forgiven for thinking that Crawdaunt was going to be KO'd from the amount of Stone Edges that were being released from the ground. But, Wallace had faith and Crawdaunt knew that it could survive it.

"Use Crabhammer to knock them all down!"

Crawdaunt's claws glowed as one right swing sent the pillar of stone crumbling to the floor as if it was a piece of paper. The crowd watched with utter awe as Crawdaunt reduced every single spike of stone to rubble with just a couple of well-placed shots. Then, Tyrantrum's energy ran out and it was forced to stop the attack. Zinnia was sure that it would cause some damage, but Crawdaunt emerged from the dust crowd with not a single scratch on its body.

Zinnia was more impressed that Crawdaunt had kept up than she was mad that it didn't land. So, when the crowd roared after the tremendous performance from Crawdaunt, she wasn't disappointed in the slightest. Even Wally was caught up in the immense hype of the battle and the crowd, exclaiming into his microphone,

"Now that's something that only a gym leader's Pokemon could perform. What tremendous strength!"

"Incredible...", Lucas muttered under his breath as Wallace made another command to Crawdaunt,

"We're not done yet. Crawdaunt, use Aqua Jet!"

Crawdaunt held its pincers behind itself and spewed water out of them, propelling itself forwards using the pressure from the water to achieve some incredible pace as it sped along the battlefield. Zinnia called out as Crawdaunt rapidly approached,