Chapter 58: The First of the Three...

Now, the first battles of the tournament could commence. A few rounds of battles had already started. The kid with the Garchomp has stomped all over their opponent's Pokemon, to absolutely no one's surprise. Alex had fought and won decisively, using Kadabra's Psychic powers to mess up his opponent's Gloom. Then came the girl with the Chansey, who had won without her partner but with a Beautifly through a hard battle against her opponent's Geodude, But, now, it was Harry's time to shine. He stepped out onto the stadium floor with a burning desire for victory.

The other trainer walked into the open air, skipping as if she was completely unaware of the gazing eyes upon her. She was just happy to have made it to the tournament, especially at her relatively young age. The bug trainer gripped a premium net that housed a lone Pokeball that bounced with the netting around. But, then, they both turned their attention to the woman who was going to be dictating the match, the referee. She emerged from a platform from deep underground and the battlefield that they were fighting on rose with her.

"You are going to be fighting on..."

The battlefield was revealed to be one of more mountainous terrain, dry without any sort of greenery. Rather, it had been replaced by sun-scorched and cracked earth, with the occasional pile of stones or rocks scattered around the battlefield. Perfect for what Harry had chosen to be his Pokemon.

"You will only use one Pokemon and there will be no time limit. However, you are not permitted to use any items. Now, please throw out your selected Pokemon!"

Both trainers had selected their Pokemon prior to the match so that they couldn't make any judgements based on what they knew that their opponent was using. They could, however, search through databases for the trainer's Pokemon and make a guess as to what Pokemon they would use. But, for Harry, his job was rather easy, given that the trainer opposite to him was carrying exclusively bug Pokemon. So, he decided to pick his best Pokemon to be an exterminator of the insects.

"Numel, time to fight!", Harry shouted as he launched the Pokeball far across the battlefield. The bug trainer looked at Numel with fear, having flashbacks to when they had to fight skin and teeth to get through Flannery's gym. It was something that she didn't want to go through so early into the rounds of the tournament, but it just came with being a bug trainer, having to deal with the Pokemon best suited to deal with bugs. She composed herself and selected her Pokemon of choice,

"Dustox, I believe in you!"

A bug type that looked akin to a moth flew into the air rather sluggishly. Clearly, speed would not be Dustox's most prevalent trait. However, just from appearance, it was clear that it had some sort of tactics that it could clearly go for. Its wings looked to be encased in a coat of poison powder ready to be unleashed onto its enemies and its bug eyes appeared to be attracted to the sun, although it shook its head and was reminded of its purpose when it looked to the bubbling bright mountain of lava that was Numel. Harry had done a little research and knew about the deadly coating of poison powder but figured that it wouldn't affect Numel much. He wasn't concerned.

"Battle begin!"

"Numel, use Flame Wheel!"

Numel combusted into flames, a rotating ring of fire sprouting around that allowed Numel to roll forwards towards Dustox at high speeds. Dustox fluttered in the air calmly, awaiting the command to attack from its trainer.

"Poison Powder.", she called out. The Dustox began to flap some toxic purple-coloured dust over towards Numel, carrying a poisonous touch. Numel charged forwards regardless but was then stopped by the suffocating poison. Numel began to splutter, but Harry had a plan.

"Amnesia!", he yelled, and Numel's pupils suddenly began to dilute and become grey in colour. Its face became blank of emotion and it was almost as if Numel's entire brain had been shut down for a moment. Then, suddenly, Numel was revitalised with life and sped forwards using the Flame Wheel. The bug trainer was shocked to see that Numel could shrug off the effects of the poison powder, but Harry knew that it would work. Forgetting the effects of attacks was a great way to get Pokemon to keep battling. Now, the bug trainer had a panicked look and yelled out thoughtlessly,