Chapter 62: Burst A Bubble!

Now, the tournament reached the top 16 of the tournament. Lucas, Ellie, Alex, Harry and Bubble had all made their way through, with relative ease. But, just like in the first round of the top 32, now was the time that two of them had to face each other. And, the two who were facing off today were Bubble and Harry. When the tournament standings had been announced for the both of them, Bubble had quickly wished him good luck before leaving the venue to train. Harry hadn't said much in response at all and instead chose to leave the venue. Lucas followed shortly behind him and said,

"Hey, you wanna do some last-minute training together?"

"Oh, um, I suppose if you'd like to. But, I wanna fight Vibrava the most, so make sure to bring him out."

"Yes sir!", Lucas chirped as he ran into the Pokemon Centre where the Pokeballs were being kept. He selected Vibrava's Pokeball, which had been branded with a messy-looking warning sign on the surface of the Pokeball. Seeing it as superfluous, Lucas used the back of his hand to rub off the writing that had been marked onto the Pokeball. Vibrava didn't warrant being treated like a threat, at least not anymore. The battlefield doors flung open and Harry stood with one hand on his hip. He didn't even have his Pokeball out as he'd already thrown out the Pokemon that he had thought of using.

Poochyena had begun to take its position on the battlefield, grinding its claws against the dusty battlefield in anticipation of a slugfest of battle. It also had spotted Lucas as soon as he came out of the doors, growling at Lucas, before being silenced by a stern look from Harry. Lucas stood at the opposite end and lobbed the Pokeball into the air, shouting out,

"Vibrava, time to battle!"

Vibrava appeared from its Pokeball, letting out a sinister cry as its eyes and Poochyena's locked together. Both were severe glares, aimed to strike fear into each other. Yet, when Harry and Lucas' eyes met, they were much calmer and friendlier expressions. Lucas of joy, Harry of pure determination and grit.

"Poochyena, use Sand Attack!"

Poochyena began to kick up some sand towards Vibrava to try and block its vision. The dragonfly was stunned by the attack for a second. But, it wasn't because the move was actually effective. Vibrava began to snicker, then cry out in pure amusement. It grabbed control of the sand that was being flung at it and thrust it straight back at Poochyena without any sort of hesitation. Poochyena's eyes became clouded with dust as its pristine black fur began to become covered with sand. Then, Vibrava went on the attack.

"Dragon Tail!", Lucas called out and Vibrava followed with amazing accuracy. Its tail became enchanted with draconic power and suddenly Vibrava did a small flip in the air and thrust the tail down right on Poochyena's head, clenching Poochyena's open jaw together. Poochyena's head crashed against the floor and it suddenly became unmoving. Vibrava backed off for a second to avoid a counterattack. But, it appeared that Poochyena was already starting to feel defeated by the attack. It sluggishly began to rise again, letting out a weak cry as it became stable once again.

Harry was stunned to see that Poochyena was seemingly so distraught from one simple attack, but thought that it was simply a lucky shot and that Poochyena would soon recover if given enough time.

"Poochyena, Howl!"

Poochyena attempted to howl, but what came out was more like a soft whimper that just mildly raised its attack, It didn't do much other than that, and the attack had left Poochyena open rather than providing an advantage. Lucas was feeling slightly bad for Poochyena and its clear attempt to continue, despite the crushing power of Vibrava. So, when Lucas hesitated in giving commands, Vibrava took initiative. A pulse of dragon energy coursed through Vibrava's blood and the dragonfly began a course towards Poochyena.