Chapter 25: The Hoenn Elite League!

The crowd erupted into cheers, as Ellie, Lucas and Harry finally found their seats, just in time for the grand beginning ceremony. A touch of the mic roared over the stadium, then the announcer's cheery voice shouted,

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the Hoenn Elite League! Here we will be seeing the best of Hoenn's trainers go up against each other, all in the efforts to face the Elite Four, and the Champion. And, speaking of the champion, I have him right here commentating with me."

"Wait, the Champion is up there with him?", Ellie asked in pure shock that the Champion would be here for an event like this. Lucas and Harry were eagerly awaiting the voice of the Champion to beckon through the arena, but first, the announcer called out,

"Ladies and gentlemen, make some noise for the Hoenn Champion of five years, Wally!"

The crowd erupted into cheer, Lucas and Harry joining in with the cheers. Ellie even whistled and clapped, something she hadn't anticipated she would do, but she was so caught up in the atmosphere that she didn't care. Wally's face could be seen from the commentator's booth just behind the VIP stand, and he seemed so unprepared for the massive uproar he caused with just his sheer presence.

"That will never be strange to me.", Wally murmured through the mic, "But, its always nice to hear you all cheer for me. So, who's ready to watch these fights?"

The crowd once again roared and the commentator quickly responded,

"Well, I certainly am! So, can you give us a rundown of the matches that will play out?"

"Of course I can. Now, all of these matches will be fought using three Pokemon, and on a rocky battlefield. Now, for the fighters, the first match will between gym leader and an unfamiliar face to most, but a good friend who filled in an empty slot. Your first match will be Wallace vs Zinnia!"

Wallace and Zinnia's faces both showed up on the screen, and the crowd was completely gobsmacked that Zinnia would appear in the tournament. Lucas and Harry were included in this group, but it seemed that Ellie had no idea who Zinnia even was.

"Um, who is that person?", she said, pointing to Zinnia. Lucas looked around with shock and asked,

"Really, no idea who Zinnia is?"

"No, sorry."

"Well, she summoned Rayquaza during the Team Magma and Aqua Crisis a few years ago. You remember that, right?"

"Yeah of course, and she's the one who's battling today."

"Yeah, she must be strong.", Harry added.

"Guess there's only one way to find out to find out.", Lucas said as he turned his eyes to the battlefield, and saw the two contestants walking out of their respective areas. Zinnia looked completely out of place in the stadium, with her ragged cape, and a strange band that wrapped around her leg three times. It appeared to have some sort of strange stone at the end of it, that radiated energy just from being there. None of them knew what it was just yet though, and waited to see if it had any impact on the battle.

Meanwhile, Wallace walked out, dressed in much more lavish clothing than Zinnia. White trousers, purple and turquoise top, and turquoise hair. She walked much more stylishly than Zinnia did, who walked wildly as closer to an animal than a human.

"You could not put two more opposite trainers against each other, huh?", Harry added as he watched them approach the platforms and get ready to battle.

"Yeah, they're like night and day.", Ellie said, "Let's just hope they bring that opposite energy to the battle."

Now, Wally's voice thundered around the stadium once again, shouting to the audience,

"Now, lets get excited for this battle!"