Chapter 20 The Break In

Eve lay snuggled against Stephan chest on the sofa in the hotel lounge watching her family relaxing together. Twinkle and Suzie were playing a board game giggling, they had  unsurprisingly become best friends and went everywhere together Twinkles blonde curls in total contrast to Suzies black, straight hair. Molly was on her phone on the other sofa, her legs draped over Jo's tummy, Jo's gaze on the TV. Lisa sat by the lamp reading a magazine. Adam was on the floor fixing Twinkles hairdryer that she had dropped that morning. Aysha was sketching the two smaller girls, she had a real talent. Angela and Flora were in their suites. Eve felt contented, she looked up at Stephan who smiled down at her.

"ls this perfect?" she murmered Stephan kissed her head "Yes" he said squeezing her tightly.

They were the last to go to bed. Eve snuggled under the duvet and was soon sound asleep.

She awoke with a start, she swore she could hear a noise downstairs, she listened again, yes there it was again. She woke Stephan.

" Listen! There's someone downstairs!" she whispered.

"Probably one of the others" he shrugged rolling over.

Eve got up and put on a robe. "lm going to look"

Stephan got up and put on some boxers. "lf it's just the kids then you are in trouble!" he grinned. Suddenly there was a yell. They both ran to the stairs. Someone in black ran past them, Stephan grabbed them by the legs and they tumbled downstairs. The lights suddenly came on and there, was a confusion of shouting and arms and legs as the two fought, Adam and Molly suddenly appeared in the foyer holding someone else in black between them. Stephan had gotten the better of his man and was sitting astride him on his back. Eve grabbed his hands and secured them with her robe belt. The man cursing loudly. Twinkle, Suzie and Aysha appear altogether. Twinkle froze as she looked at the men. She hid her face in Ayshas tummy.

"These are the men who beat me up!" she sobbed.

Aysha comforted her. Adam glared at the man he was hanging on to.

"Bastard!" he spat at him.

"l ll call the Police" Eve moved towards the phone.

"Wait!" Adams voice cut through the air. "lve got a better idea" both men exchanged a frightened look, what was he going to do with them? They would've felt safer with the police!

Eve looked quizzically at Adam.

"Help me tie him up" Eve took a rope tie back from the curtain and swiftly tied the second man's wrists.

Adam whispered something to Eve who broke into a smile. She told Aysha to wake Jo and Lisa and bring them down to the basement dungeon.

"Where are you taking us?" the taller of the two men asked "This is kidnap!"

"Not so brave when you're not beating small girls are you?" Adam sneered pushing the man forward. The group reached the dungeon door, Eve opened the keypad and punched in the combination.

"What the fuck is this?" the smaller man screamed. "You're going to kill us aren't you?" his eyes wide with fear. Adam laughed, murder wasn't his plan. Jo and Lisa arrived having been briefed by Aysha. Lisas hand on her phone in her dressing gown pocket.

Eve switched on the light revealing to the men the dungeons various instruments of torture.

"Oh God" the taller man looked like he was going to faint. A small trickle of pee ran down his leg.

Eve helped the others undress the men down to their underwear. Shacking both to the chains on the wall she called to Lisa.

"Have you got everything?" Lisa went to a drawer and pulled something out, hiding the smile that spread across her face. She handed it to Adam.