BEN AND KLAUS

Ben wasn't stupid

Ben wasn't stupid. There wasn't much else to do but follow Klaus along, so it was only a matter of time before he noticed the boy act differently around you. Ben had basically claimed you off limits to the others in the house. You were extremely close when you were little, sharing short but cute moments. You always dreamed of getting out of the manor and going off together, living free lives and trying everything you were never allowed to. When Ben passed, you looked for someone to take care of the pain, to look out for you. Klaus filled that spot. Sure, he wasn't always clean and able to truly support you, but he listened, and that's all that mattered. He understood your pain. You had never thought of Klaus any different when he was on drugs, but the increasing moments of sobriety in the midst of trying to save the world showed you another side of him. The side you remembered from when you were young. The charming, funny side. He was the Klaus that acted like he could do anything, who had plans and cared about his family. You grew closer, eventually those signs were reciprocated from him. Ben was infuriated. How could his best friend betray him in such a way?

•••

"What are you even doing, Klaus?"

"Look, Ben. You're dead!"