FIVE

Over the course of saving the world, there were ups and downs

Over the course of saving the world, there were ups and downs. Sometimes each day felt like it stretched on forever and nothing ever felt completed and sometimes days were short, scarse, and reminded you of how much time you actually had. It made you appreciate the small moments between Five and you. Working side by side for so many years really strengthened your bond, and trying to stop an apocalypse was easier said than done. Sometimes you just had to take a moment and think about things. Things like the fact that you found someone you found both friendship, and love in. It was quite obvious that there was always something between you two, but with everything going on you never wanted to talk about it. But one night, three days out from the end of the world when things were pretty grim, you knew deep inside yourself that you had to say something, anything, to clear the air around you.

•••

"Five, I know that lately it's almost never been a good time to get into this, but I at least want you to know that I really love you, and whether we figure this out or not I'm here by your side."

"I know, Y/n. I love you too. We will get through this."