Chapter 46: Going Through

- 2PM, Wellston Hospital -

His arms were sore, but his legs felt even worse. His heartbeat felt efforted and he dealt a lot of pain.

Emerson: ugh, why do I feel like shit? I don't remember what happened.

He opened his eyes and looked around the room, he saw the decorations of a hospital room. He saw weird devices, scary labeled bins and Fiore sleeping.

Emerson: Fire? What's she doing here?

He tried to rack his brain for information until two minutes later he finally realized what happened.

Emerson: Oh yeah, my stupid ass over surged again. Damn it when am I ever going to ace this ability so I won't have to over surge again.

He noticed that his belongings were on a dresser along with his casual clothes he was previously wearing.

He grabbed his smartphone and a pair if wireless headphones and started playing music. Lately he associated himself with a rock song known as "Endless Possibilities".

He always felt like he was always hiding something more powerful in him.

He used to make his gender hidden.

He used to make his name hidden.

He used to make his ability hidden.

And now he was hiding his queer condition and his trauma.

And possibly more.

He was a man who hated lies but this time he had to in order to protect himself.

It was always inside him, his true power and he felt that the journey to master it was near.

He then thought about his encounter with his counter part claiming he was "Xonic". In reality though he too wanted to be Sonic The Hedgehog, the happy personality, having a op power unlike others who had none. Always on adventure and everyone liked him.

However that was not really him, so he never pretended to be him like his counter part.

But could he hide more of his secrets, it was too difficult for him now, especially with Fiore being a lot more trust worthy.

But he then wondered if he could anyway, as she told him a story when Seraphina found out about Joker.

He tried to think logical and remember that he also betrayed her and never told her.

The song ended, he wasn't in the mood to finish his playlist so he exit his music app and just went scrolling through social media.

He quickly got bored of that so he just put down his phone and surveyed his surroundings.

Emerson: How would she react? She hasn't been mad at me for revealing my identity and ability so what's gonna make her upset about more truth? I mean we haven't really been together for too long but.

He was interrupted by Fiore waking up.

Fiore: *groan* Damn that chair was uncomfortable.

She looked up while rubbing her eye to see Emerson stupidly staring at the ceiling.

Fiore: Oh my god! You're awake! I thought you were dead! She proceeds to jump up and give him a big hug, which caught him by surprise.

Emerson: Um yeah, I'm OK!

Fiore: What the fuck did you do to almost kill yourself?

Emerson: I over-surged.

*SMACK!*

Emerson: Hey! Why'd you slap me?!

Fiore: You know it was deadly! Why did you do it?!

Emerson: *sigh* To be honest, I was depressed and didn't think what would happen.

Fiore: Yeah, I can understand. But don't you dare attempt something like that again!

Emerson: Alright, jeez.

Fiore: How are you feeling?

Emerson: Well my cheek hurts.

Fiore: That's not what I meant.

Emerson: Well I am hungry.

Fiore: I meant what caused this depression.

Emerson looks at his hands and gives a look of disapproval. He really hated himself, one of the many reasons he hid a lot. He took a deep breath and started talking.

Emerson: It was caused by depression of hiding myself a lot. Just the identity and the ability wasn't all I hid.

Fiore: Then what is?

She could however sense that it was something very deep. Something that we would really prefer to keep a secret.

Emerson: Its...I dunno.

Fiore: You can trust me, I won't do anything bad to you. I promise.

He gathers all of his courage and says it I'm a hurries sentence.

Emerson: I'm intersex.

Fiore: What?

Emerson: You don't know what that means do you?

Fiore: Of course I do. But its just surprising.

Emerson: Why is it surprising?

Fiore: Well mostly because you never looked it.

Emerson then realized something, he wasn't as bad as most people. He was physically male, so it was not horrible as he thought.

Emerson: Yeah that is true.

Fiore: Your voice is deeper than John's.

Emerson: What?

Fiore: Yeah, anyway I promise I won't tell anyone this. Besides its nothing to worry about.

Emerson: Your not going to break up with me?

Fiore: I don't see why I would have too.

Emerson: Good point.

Fiore: Oh shit!

Emerson: What is it?!

Fiore: I LEFT MY DAMN ICE CREAM ON THE COUNTER AND THERES PROBABLY A MESS BACK HOME!!!

Emerson: Why did you leave it?

Fiore: It was supposed to be a treat for the both of us because I wanted to watch a movie, this was of course before you sorta died.

Emerson: I ruin everything.

Fiore: No you don't.

Emerson: 🙄