Chapter 48: Poison

- 8 Hours later -

Emerson was still recovering in the hospital. The energy surge took a huge toll on his body, considering his family lineage was mostly cripple his DNA did support his body in cases like this. He lie there sleeping in pain, dreaming about crazy things that seem oddly near.

" Shadow was there all along! "

" It was all a lie "

" You were just a mistake "

" Your results were deemed horrible "

He awoke and in shock in confusion, all though the dream was a bit foggy on what was going on he felt that he just experienced the future. He was too worried to go back to sleep so he picked up Hus phone and just started reading online comics.

He then heard a knock on the door.

*Knock, Knock*

???: Its just a nurse.

Emerson: Come in.

He turned the phone off and the nurse walked inside holding a bottle and a glass of water.

Nurse: This is just for your pain, OK?

Emerson: OK, Thank you.

She put it down on his nightstand she walked away, he just stared at it and slowly then decided to take it.

After swallowing the last required pill, he started feeling really awful, he noticed that there was a poorly stickered label on the bottle.

Emerson: POISON?!

It had read Human Degrading Poison.

He was extremely scared of what he had taken, he started getting nausea and felt incredibly weak.

He got up and rushed to the bathroom to barf, hoping that maybe the poison will come out too. That's when he heard gunshots, near his room.

A loud scream shook him, then he heard shouting. Immediately he put on his hoodie ( His hoodie actually helps minimizing the chance of an over-surge which is why he wears it a lot. ) and rushed out his door, even though he felt incredibly weak, his ability was still steady so he tried giving himself physical energy so he could at least be ready to fight.

His eyes were glowing and he dashed around looking for the suspect, until he saw blood on the floor and a group of men who looked very shady.

???: There he is, exterminate him Roger. He should be too weak and sick from the poison.

Roger: Copy that Louis.

He was supposed to be killed, he was field with anger, they were already killing him with the poison and he could die quicker by a gunshot.

Even though his body was too weak, he did it again.

He over surged.

Roger: Die you little useless shit!

He fired a small bullet fr his glock but Emerson caught with his teeth, he turned his hands into long blue blades and started slashing them.

Emerson: How dare you try to kill me you stupid ass shits!!

He sliced Roger quickly knocking him out from the loss of blood, Louis activated his ability and turned the whole room into a dark fog, however Emerson used one of his hands to hold a energy wisp acting as a torch, he immediately spotted Louis and tried to attack him with a energy beam but he had missed.

Louis: You little punk, you think you can easily attack me? I may not have a projectiles of melee ability like you but I have something better!

He his again and made the fog worse.

Emerson: Shit where am I supposed to find him?!

He collapsed on the floor as the poison got worse, Louis stepped behind him as he was coughing up badly. He put a glock near his head and was about to fire when a foreign energy boomerang hit Louis in the back.

Louis: Ah fuck! WHO DID THAT TO ME?!

He turned around and saw Fiore who was holding a bag of juices she had made to help Emerson get better.

Fiore: Well this isnt what I expected.

She swiftly tried to throw another energy boomerang but the dark fog made it near impossible to find him.

Louis had fled, leaving only Emerson who was coughing up blood really badly.

Fiore rushes to grab him she held him trying to figure out what's wrong.

Fiore: Em what happened?!

Emerson: *cough* Funny you should ask. I got poisoned. *cough*

He coughed a lot more blood this time and his body was badly hurt from doing a light energy surge ( One that's less lethal ).

Fiore: You arent dying right?

She said with a tear dripping on her face.

Emerson: I-I can't say for sure.

Fiore: Emerson you can't! *sobbing*

Emerson: I'm sorry........

Louis had come back with more goons who had way more powerful weapons only thought to be in sci-fi movies ( Ever wonder where they got it from? )

Emerson: Took the last bit of life force he had to explode the area around him.

Emerson: I love you Fiore, don't ever forget that. *cough*

He placed a energy barrier around Fiore as well.

Fiore: EMERSON NO!!

He was already dying, so this felt the only thing he could do.

He screamed in pain as he let out his final over surged creating a devastating explosion around him.

He did not destroy the hospital though and only blew up the people around except for Fiore which he had protected

Louis and his goons where no where to be found so it seems that they had escaped. Fiore got on her knees and held her eyes sobbing.

Emerson was dead.