Chapter 9

Your fingers tightened around the device currently speaking into your ear as you stood at the corner of the crosswalk. Hearing your boyfriends voice after your sin was about to condemn you to death; mentally.

"How's your tutoring with the new kid going? Is his dad still making you feel the heebie jeebies?"

"It's fine!" Your high-strung tone and how quickly you answered made the guy hum with slight skepticism but he decided to brush it off.

There was a time, after the first day of meeting Toji where you had verbalized all your concerns to Satoru. Although you left out most of the nitty gritty details; fearing the guy would go knocking down the green-eyed males door to stir up some trouble (because you knew he would if it came down to it) and it was a boat you definitely did not want to rock.

"Well if he tries anything, just know, I'll be there in a heartbeat."

"So, when will you be back?" You were quick to change the subject, not wanting to keep your mind lingering on your self-induced woes.

Satoru released a heavy sigh on the other side of the line, "I'm not sure."

"It's been about a week already."

"Is that your way of telling me you miss me?~" his smile evident in his voice, "I'll see what I can do. In the mean time, don't think about me too much.~"

The 'WALK' signal comes onto the pedestrian traffic light and you cross to the other side of the street whilst throwing the phone into your bag and hoisting the strap further into your shoulder. The weight of your things feeling much heavier than usual.

Completely submersed in your thoughts, you allowed your feet to take you to your destination; not exactly paying attention to anything around you. But you didn't need to. The route to the Fushiguro's was one that had become too familiar, it was practically muscle memory.

After a long night of insomnia and contemplation you came to a conclusion. That you would end things with Toji. A part of you didn't want to but the other side of you was fighting for what you thought was the right thing to do. Of course it was the right thing to do. Nothing good ever came from cheating. If you kept this up, it would eventually be too hard to hide and not to mention, karma's a bitch.

Once you reached the doorstep, you found yourself tidying your clothes and hair. Your fingers stopped moving clumsily across your body when you realized you were trying to impress the man. You sighed inwardly while shaking your head at the silly attempt. There honestly was no point fixing yourself up knowing that this would likely be the last day you'd ever see the him again.

Megumi opens the door after you made your presence known and you stepped through the doorway, pass the foyer and into the living room to situate yourself at the low table as usual.

"How's your stomach doing?" The teen asks as he takes his place across from you.

"Huh?" It took you a minute to realize what he was talking about, "OH, it's-it's fine..."

"I have some anti-diarrheal's if you need any."

Your eyes widened and you threw your hands in front of you, "I'm okay, really!"

"You sure??" The boy asks whilst bringing a bottle of Imodium to your face. He then shook it in front of you causing the tablets to clack loudly against the walls of the small container.

"Yes! Im sure! Thank you!" You responded, trying to hide your embarrassment.

Megumi's lips curved downward and the boy shrugs as he throws the medication to the side. He very well knew what had went down between you and his father since you weren't exactly shy about your noise at one point or another. Although, he did find it quite amusing to toy with you a bit even if you were still in the dark about him knowing.