Omake (幼馴染): Childhood Friend

Osananajimi (幼馴染):
a (noun). meaning childhood friend.
An osananajimi is a friend from infancy, a childhood friend or old playmate with whom one shares the special and intimate understanding that (according to such stories) can only come from having known each other since earliest childhood.

"Hey, stupid!"

You look up to a small group of boys approaching. Some held mischievous looks and the others appeared uninterested; they were likely just tagging along with the posse. You knew who they were. They were the troublemakers of your kindergarten class.

One of these delinquents snatches the plush toy out of your hands. The one you had always brought to school with you.

"Hey!" you reach out in hopes to take it back. But the boy slaps your hand away.

He makes a face of disgust, "Eugh, what is this???"

"Let me see, let me see!!" Another boy chirps and they begin to pass it around like they owned the damn thing.

"Hey!" you say again, "That's mine!"

You try to claim your plush back but all you get in return is someone pushing you to the ground.

"Loser! Who still brings a toy to school?"

"Ya, weirdo."

"Hey..." your eyes well with tears.

"AwwWwWww." one little boy sneers, "You gunna cry to your mommy now??"

"What a baby."

Your little hands go up to cover your face. You dare not let them see you cry. However, the hiccups and the sniffling give you away.

"Shouldn't we just leave her alone?" a voice from the group is bored. He sighs, "She has no friends anyway. That's punishment enough."

"Oh, shut up!"

"Ya, shut up!"

You peek through the slits of your fingers and someone notices.

"Whatcha lookin' at?!" the boy barks, "You wanna look at something?! LOOK AT THIS!"

And then this unruly kid throws your cherished toy to the floor and proceeds to stomp on it—repeatedly.

"NO! PLEASE!" you cry and you beg of him, "MY GRANDMA GAVE ME THAT!"

"Who cares??"