Chapter 23

"I don't see you for a few months and all this shit happens." The girl has her hand on her forehead. You had just given her your latest low-down. She sits across from you at Connel Coffee, in complete disbelief.

You take a sip of your drink and sigh. Your thumbs tap against the screen of your phone repeatedly. Satoru hasn't stopped messaging you since you left your home to meet Utahime. The man would have liked to spend the day with you but his work has always been unpredictable and he gets called away again (just for the day).

This girl day-date was much needed and not just for you, she needed it too. Utahime sees your exasperated expression as you continue to press against the glass-ceramic of your device. Needless to say, your mind had been distracted the entire time you were with her but it was anticipated; she's not upset like she normally would be.

"Is that Gojo?" She asks but she already knew.

"Yeah." You respond with divided attention.

"What's he saying?"

"He doesn't believe me." You say, "That I'm with you."

"Well, you can't really blame him for feeling that way."

You sigh, "I know. But he doesn't need to be a wise-ass about it."

"It's Gojo Satoru." She makes a face, "When is he not?"

You hum with agreement but you don't say anything else. Your mind sits with congestion. All the emotional turmoil was mentally draining. You didn't want to think anymore.

Utahime sees your dejected look, "So, what's going to happen?"

"Isn't the answer obvious?" You put your phone down and you sigh some more, "I'm never seeing the Fushiguro's again after this."

"Are you okay with that?"

"It doesn't matter if I'm okay with it or not. I have to do it."

"You don't have to do it."

Your eyes meet with her's and she sees that you think she's crazy for even saying such a thing.

"Look. I know what I said before. That I don't condone that kind of behavior. And I don't. But, you should never do anything you don't want to do." Utahime blows out her cheeks, "Are you happy?"

"What do you mean?"

"Are you happy with Gojo?" She gesticulates with her hands, "Are you going to be okay with the idea or the fact that you're never going to see Megumi again or Fushiguro-San?"

"I-I don't know..."

"Geez, (y/n)!" The girl groans, "Do you ever know anything?!"

You lick and bite your lips, "I deserve to feel this way. I owe Satoru. Whether I like it or not, I'm going to go say bye to them tomorrow."

"I mean, if that's what you want." She then says, "Do you deserve to feel this way? Yes. But do you owe him anything? No."

You nod and she runs her hands down her face because her words fall on deaf ears.

"I'm not going to tell you what to do with your life. All I'm going to say is, make sure this is what you really want or it's going to come back and bite you in the ass sooner or later—again."

This whole situation makes you think about Megumi and the advice he gave you.

"If you need to think about it and if you need to question it. The answer is likely no."

"If you know you want to be with someone. You should never need to think about it. You'll know—definitively."

The raven-haired boy, he was right. Regardless, you standby what you said, that you'll take responsibility for your actions and respect your boyfriends stipulating conditions.