Chapter One

Three years, who knew that it would pass by so fast. Yoonhee thought of the time she spent on prison, they said that prison can change a person for the better or the worse, it made her question herself. Did she change at all? All she ever did was to live by the rules and try not to get in trouble. Although it was scary at first, she learned that not all people in prison are like what she saw on the movies. Some of them are just trying to get by, paying for their sins, hoping to someday be released.

There were times where she can't help but feel all the guilt of what she had done. Being away from the chaos does not always mean solitude. There are times where nightmare plagued her sleep. She dreamed of the thing she did to Min Seola happening to Rona. If Rona weren't visiting her every week she would've lost her mind.

She sighed, she doesn't want to remember those memories anymore. Today marks a day of her life. She can't wait to see her daughter and hold her in her arms. As she step out of the prison building, she saw Rona waiting for her. The moment her daughter saw her, she ran towards her and engulf her in an embrace. She hugged her daughter tightly and sighed. She heard Rona sobbing so she broke the embrace to look at her daughter's face.

"Why are you crying? Are you not happy to see me?" She asked.

"Of course I'm happy! I just missed you so much." The girl managed to reply in between sobs.

She teared up, she missed her daughter too. They were hugging each other for so long now when someone clearing her throat interrupted them. She looked up and her eyes widened at the person in front of them. Rona sensed her mother tensing up so she broke their embrace and looked at the person her mother is looking at.

"Suryeon unnie?" Yoonhee whispered. She wasn't expecting to see her, let alone greet her out of prison. Rona ran towards Suryeon and grabbed her hand pulling her closer to her mother's location. Yoonhee frowned, her daughter and the older woman seem so close. They were finally face to face. Yoonhee stared at Suryeon, she was still the same as she remember her, as elegant and poise as ever.

"Yoonhee-ssi, how are you?" Suryeon asked her.
Yoonhee released a breath she didn't know she was holding.
"What? Uhm.. I'm fine." She managed to say, she was so nervous.

Suryeon gave her a small smile, both of them was just standing there waiting for each other to do something but none of them are willing to talk or move. Rona on the other hand, cannot stand the silence anymore.
"Shouldn't we go now or are we just going to stand here forever?" She asked impatiently.
Suryeon came to her senses and invited the mother and daughter to her car so they can go home. The drive home was dead silent, Rona tried to make conversation with the two but ended up failing over and over so she gave up eventually.
They finally arrived at Hera palace. Yoonhee felt uneasy, the place where she had dream of living became a place full of memories she wants to forget.
When they arrived at unit 4502, Lunch was already set in the table. Yoonhee frowned.

"Rona and I prepared your favorite lunch, I hope you like it." Suryeon said shyly.
"Uh.. Thank you, you didn't really have to."
The two women sat at the dining table with Rona and started eating. If anyone who doesn't know them see them now, they would think they're a happy family.
If only... If only she didn't do what she did back then, maybe she'd have the courage to act on her feelings. But she can't, it would be too complicated. She sighed, she needed to get these thoughts out of her head. Suryeon noticed her distraught face.

"Yoonhee, are you okay?" She asked as she place her hand on top of the younger woman's. The contact caused the butterflies in Yoonhee's stomach to go haywire.
"I'm fine, the food is good." She tried to reassure her, the last thing she wanted to do was to upset Suryeon. The older woman seemed to be satisfied with her answer as she didn't try to press on the matter any longer.

After eating, Rona told Yoonhee she needs to go to the penthouse so she can practice with Seokhoon and Seokkyung for a recital. Yoonhee was confused, she knew her daughter was somehow friends with the twins but she didn't think they would be this close.
"Are you going with her?" She asked the twin's mother. She wanted to avoid her, she can't keep catching feelings for her when she knows they can't be together. As long as she's Min Seola's murderer, they would never have a chance together.
"I'll help you in washing the dishes first. Rona, you can go without me." The older woman sent the teen away. Yoonhee scratched the back of her head, her plan totally backfired.

------
When they finally finished cleaning up everything Yoonhee escorted Suryeon to the door.
"Yoonhee-ssi, if you need anything you know you can always call me right?" The older woman gave her a warm smile.
There's that feeling again, the guilt is beginning to consume Yoonhee again. The guilt she felt the night the woman in front of her told her she was the mother of the child she killed. The feeling of self loathe when she betrayed her in order to survive. Her stomach stirred and she began to breathe heavily.
Suryeon's eyes widened at the sight.

"Are you okay? What's happe-" She was cut off when Yoonhee screamed at her.

"What is wrong with you!?"

"What do you mean?" The twin's mother was confused by what's happening.

"Why are you so nice to me? You should be creeped out. I killed your daughter!" Suryeon tensed at the mention of the incident, she felt a lump in her throat.

"Stop being so nice to me, why did you convinced the judge to reduce my sentence? Did you think I'll be thankful?" Yoonhee shouts at her, she knew she was being harsh at her but she needs to do it in order to push her away. She doesn't deserve her kindness.

"Yoonhee, calm down. You aren't thinking straight."

"No, it's you who aren't thinking straight. Treat me like how you treat the other people responsible for Min Seola's suffering. Please, stop being so nice it's killing me..." The redhead finally broke down to tears.

Suryeon turn her hands into a fist, she looked away from the other woman. She can't do this anymore, she can't bear to see her like this.
"Stop being guilty. I already forgave you, so please stop this..." A tear rolled down her cheek.
"How can you say that? How can you forgive me just like that?"

"Because you didn't do it."

Yoonhee looked up at her, shocked at the words that came out from the older woman's lips.

"You didn't kill my daughter."

----
I'm sorry for the wrong grammar and spelling mistakes if there are any. This is my first time writing a fanfic and a story in general so please don't be too mean haha. I won't promise I'll finish the story because I have a habit of starting and not finishing the things I write hehe. Let me know what you think about it, I hope you enjoy! ❤

Invisible Strings (VERY SLOW UPDATES)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें