Chapter Seven

Note: Italicized texts are flashbacks
-

Suryeon was sitting on the couch after long hours of work. She tilted her head from side to side and massage the back of her neck. Work has been hectic lately and the absence of a certain redhead is not helping either. It's been a month since Yoonhee and Rona moved out of hera palace and it's been two whole weeks since she last saw the younger woman, she misses her so bad. She reached for her phone that was resting in the coffee table to check if Yoonhee messaged her. She bit her lower lip when she saw that there was none.

"Maybe she's busy..." She whispered to herself.

One of the helpers pulled her out of her thoughts when she said that she has a visitor. She frowned, she wondered who was visiting her at this hour. She stood up and faced her visitor, her eyes widened.

"Suryeon-ssi." The man waved at her, smiling.

"Logan?" The man approached her, Suryeon was still in shock. She thought that the man stayed in the U.S. Their last meeting was not a happy memory. She didn't want to, but she knows she hurted him.

"Suryeon-ssi, will you be my girlfriend?" Suryeon gulped, she knows that this will happen. She should've been more firm about their boundaries. She didn't know why she didn't stopped him from kissing her at the hospital. 'Because you were imagining someone else.' her mind screamed. She shook her head.

"I'm sorry Logan, you're just a friend to me. I'm sorry if I lead you on." She said, she saw how the man's bright smile dropped.

"But I can make you happy, I promised Seola." He said desperately.

"Logan, right now, what's going to make me happy is spending more time with my twins and taking care of them." Logan clenched his jaw and turned his hand into a fist, Suryeon could tell that he was triggered by the mention of her children.

"Are you really going to take care of the kids who tortured Seola? You're going to take care of Joo Dantae's children!?" She shouted at her, as if he was so disgusted by the twins.

" They're MY children too. I'm going to take care of them because I failed them before and that's the reason why Seola went through all of that. If you hate my children this much then that's more reason for me to reject you. I'm sorry Logan." Suryeon said, she turned around and walked away from him.

Since then, she had never seen him or heard from him. She thought she has hurted him to the point that he doesn't want anything to do with her.

"Are you okay Suryeon-ssi?" Logan asked.

"Oh? I'm sorry, what did you say?"

"I said, how are you?"

"I'm fine... Logan what are you doing back in korea?" Logan smiled and handed her the file she didn't noticed he was holding.

It was a business proposal, it seems like he wanted her to have a branch of her furniture shop at his new building at myeongdong. It seems to benefit both of them, she doesn't see any reason to object to it.

"I don't see any reason to refuse, but I'd like to discuss it over with my team first." She said, still analyzing the file.

Logan stood up, Suryeon also did the same. The man offered her his hand for a handshake. Suryeon politely smiled and took it. She noticed how his hand lingered too long and that the grip he had on her hand was beginning to hurt. She frowned and tried to take her hand away but he won't budge.

"Logan." She said, sternly.

The helper barged in again, announcing that Suryeon have another guest. Behind the helper was Yoonhee, she has a bright smile on her face. When the redhead saw Logan and Suryeon, her smile vanished. Her eyes darted on their hands, she felt a fire build inside her. She knows about the younger man's feelings for Suryeon. The man smirked at her, which annoyed her even more. Suryeon felt the tension in the room, she finally escape Logan's grip. She looked at Yoonhee who was staring daggers at the man.