Chapter Thirteen

Yoonhee bit her lip and ran a hand through her hair. She sighs in frustration. She tried to prevent Suryeon from being involved in her problems but the brunette got involved herself. She dialed her phone number but she isn't answering. She stood up and made her way towards the door.

"Mom, where are you going?"

"Stay here. I just need to check something." The redhead answered without looking at her daughter.

She was becoming restless. Thinking about Suryeon suffering the same way she did made her hurt. The older woman not answering her phone made it more unbearable for her.

She finally made it to Hera Palace. When she arrived, a commotion greeted her. There were reporters gathered in a circle, and in the middle of it, barely visible was the woman she's been trying to contact.

As she approached, she put on her shades and pull her hoodie over her head. It's best not to be recognized by other peope. She heard a gasp and when she was finally able to brave through the sea of reporters, she saw Suryeon on the ground. She appears to be pushed by someone.

Suryeon became so distraught. The flashing cameras and the nonstop questions are making her dizzy. Before she knew it, someone grabbed her by the hand pulled her out of the crowd.

"Run." She hear the person said. In normal circumstances she would pull her hand away from the stranger, but for some reason felt safe with this stranger so she followed the instruction.

The reporters didn't give up, but when they were close to the lift, the guards came to stop them.

"Tsk. They should've done that sooner. The security here is so useless." The familiar voice said once they got on the elevator.

Suryeon frowned. Although she was still very distressed by what happened, she knows she recognize that voice. Finally, she looks up and saw Yoonhee, catching her breath.

"Yoonhee, what are you doing here?"

The redhead straightened herself and folded her arms.

"Well, someone isn't answering their phone."

The taller woman was dumbfounded. She searched her pocket for her phone but it wasn't there. Suryeon swallowed and looked away.

"Maybe I left it in my office. I'm sorry." She said, embarassed.

A long silence ensued. Going to the 100th floor always takes time but it seems like it's taking forever today. Suryeon can feel the tension surrounding them. She can tell that the redhead was not happy about what she did. She opened her mouth to explain but the elevator dinged, signalling that they finally arrived at the penthouse.

Suryeon got ahead of the redhead. Once inside, the brunette sighed. Her legs became wobbly, she would've fell if Yoonhee didn't caught her.

"Are you okay?" The younger woman asked, inspecting her facial expression, looking for any sign of discomfort.

"I'm okay."

Yoonhee supported Suryeon until they reached the living room. She sat them down on the sofa. The redhead looked around and noticed how the house is empty.

"Where are the helpers?"

"They're going back in an hour."

The redhead nodded at this.

"The kids?"

"They told me they're going to your place, that's why I was shocked to see you here."