Chapter Eleven

Yoonhee woke up with the sound of ringing. She rubbed the sleep off her eyes and slowly got up. She checked her phone but no one was calling her. She checked the bedside table again and found out that the ringing was coming from Suryeon's phone.

She reached for the brunette's phone and saw that Seokkyung was calling. She turned to her side and saw how peaceful the older woman was sleeping. She hates to wake her up but her daughter might find it weird that her mom's 'best friend' is answering the phone.

"Suryeon..." She called out her name and gently shook her.

The older woman groaned. A frown formed on her face. She turned her back on the redhead.

"Let me sleep more."

Yoonhee chuckled. She saw that Seokkyung stopped calling her mom. A message from her popped up suddenly.

Seokkyung: Mom, where are you? You promised to accompany me today. T.T

Yoonhee felt bad for the kid. She must've been waiting for her mom.

"Suryeon, wake up." This time, the younger woman shooked the brunette harder. Still, there was no response.

"Suryeon, wake up. Seokkyung was calling you!" She said, raising her voice a little higher. She didn't know the other woman has this stubborn side.

Suryeon immediately got up when she heard her daughter's name.

"What time is it?"

"It's 8 am." Yoonhee answered simply.

Realization hit the brunette. She made a promise to her daughter to buy art materials with her. She panicked and hurry to the bathroom.

"Can you please tell her I'll be a little late?" She pleaded before she disappeared to the bathroom.

Yoonhee texted Seokkyung what the older woman said and received a reply that made her flinch.

Seokkyung: 'A little bit late' As if you're not already one hour late. MOM!!!!

Suryeon and Yoonhee found a very angry Seokkyung waiting in front of the store. They slowly approached her.

"Seokkyung-ah.." The taller woman called out to her daughter. The girl turn around. She crossed her arms and glared at her.

"I'm sorry Seokkyung, I lost track of time..."

"Aish, whatever. Let's just go inside."

The younger girl noticed that her mom wasn't alone. She saw Rona's mom just behind her.

"Ms. Oh, hello! What are you doing here?"

"Nothing, we attended the same event yesterday so I'm just here to see your mom off."

"Why don't you join us?" Yoonhee was surprised that Seokkyung was inviting her.

"Uhm... Sure." She said awkwardly.

The mother and daughter immediately went to the paint section. They were different kind of brushes and paint. Yoonhee looked around, they all look the same to her, except for the size of the brush. She approached the two who was busy conversing about the paint.

"What do you think is best, mom?" Seokkyung asked.

Suryeon thought hard. She thought of the ones she usually use but she was worried that they had different taste in picking materials. In the end, she recommended what she thought best.