Chapter Two

"What?" Yoonhee suddenly felt dizzy, her knees went weak and she was about to fall if it weren't for Suryeon who caught her.

The older woman supported and lead her back to the kitchen. They were back at the table, sitting across each other. The redhead was staring at her hands on top of the table, what she just heard can't be right, right? Suryeon must be out of her mind.

"Are you okay now?" The younger girl finally looked up at the twin's mother, she wanted to speak but nothing came out of her mouth so she nodded.

"I was able to retrieve the cctv footage of that night." Suryeon started to explain.

"I saw it, They were four people there. You, my daughter, Cheon Seojin and Joo Dantae. I saw it all, how those two monsters teamed up to kill her. But you came out of nowhere and fought them. You didn't push her. You were trying to help but-" She choked on her words, she didn't noticed that she was already crying. Yoonhee immediately stood up from her seat and sat beside Suryeon to hug her.

"Unnie... Don't finish it, you don't have to." The older woman buried her head in the crook of Yoonhee's neck. She can feel her tears soak her clothes but she didn't mind. She ran her fingers through her smooth hair in hopes of soothing her. She can't help but tear up, she imagine that Suryeon feels what she felt when she thought Rona has died, but this time, it's real. Her daughter will never come back to her. The older woman tightened her embrace around her which made the redhead startled a little bit. The twin's mother might've sensed it so she pulled away but before she can completely break the embrace, Yoonhee pulled her back.

"It's okay." She whispered as she kissed the top of her head.
They stayed like that for half an hour until Suryeon calmed down. The older woman looked up at her shyly, her eyes were red and puffy from crying. The younger woman cupped both of her cheeks with her hands.

"Are you okay now?" She asked worriedly. The other woman only nodded. She can't seem to say anything.

"I'll get you some water." Yoonhee was about to stand up when Suryeon grabbed her hand. She stared at their hands, it fits perfectly together.

"I'll be quick." She reassured her, the taller woman then finally let go of her hand.

As she pour water into the glass, she can't help but feel sad. She'd never seen her so vulnerable like that.

Yoonhee sat back down beside Suryeon and handed her the glass of water. The older woman only took a sip and handed the glass of water back to her.

"No, you have to drink more." Yoonhee said sternly which made the other woman flinch. The redhead noticed this and tried a gentler approach.

"Please drink more, for me?" She asked as gently as possible. Suryeon finally took the glass from her and drank it.

It amused the redhead how the brunette seemed to revert back in to a child that moment, but at the same time she felt bad to see someone she knew to be so strong in such a fragile state.

"Sorry..." Suryeon's voice pulled her out of her trance.

"Hmm? Why are you saying sorry?" Yoonhee frowned.

"It was too late when I found out that you didn't do it. I took away three years of your life that you could've spend with Rona." Tears began pooling on the older woman's eyes again.

Yoonhee sighed, she can't say she wasn't upset by it, that would make her a liar. It was over now though, they can't turn back time and revert what happened. She looked up at Suryeon, who was already on the verge of crying. She can't hate her, just like how Suryeon didn't held a grudge on her when she thought she killed her daughter.

"If I was in your position I would've done the same." She declared.

"I would've wanted my daughter's murderer to pay for their crimes too." She continued.

"You and I both thought I killed her, but even then you didn't held a grudge against me. You even filed a petition so the court can be lenient to me. You took care of Rona in those three years, I could tell." She gave her a small smile and held their hands together.

"You don't have to say sorry."

Suryeon bit her lip as tears started streaming down her face. Yoonhee panicked when she saw her crying again.

"Why are you crying again?" She asked. The older woman smiled at her and played with their hands that are still intertwined together.

"I'm just glad, I thought you were going to hate me."

"I'll never hate you."

-----
I'm sorry for the wrong grammar and spelling mistakes if there are any. This is my first time writing a fanfic and a story in general so please don't be too mean haha. I won't promise I'll finish the story because I have a habit of starting and not finishing the things I write hehe. Let me know what you think about it, I hope you enjoy! ❤