20

"I think Oneika is rubbing off on you." Matteo said as we pulled up in the school's parking lot.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"I don't know. But you're both rubbing off on each other. She's gotten soft."

"Isn't that a...good thing?"

"Yes, yes, but, we have a targets on our back and any sign of weakness is a sign of softness."

"So you're saying I'm not good for her?"

"You are, Paris. What I'm saying is that, you are just letting her show weakness, but love is love and it can't be stopped. Just be careful and don't trust everyone."

I nodded.

"Who is the enemy?"

"Russians. The guy that came and tried doing whatever, was apart of their clan. Their signature sign is a cursive capital R on the neck."

"Oh— so if I see someone with a cursive R on their neck, they're apart of the clan?"

"Maybe, maybe not, but watch out."

"Russians always wanted to ruin things between the Italians. They attacked from the side and never centre. If they attack the centre, it's showing that they're after the boss. Attacking the Italian boss is something no ever do. That's straight up death."

"Attacking from the side is attacking a weakness. The weakness is the person who is closest to the boss and that person can be the lover or family members."

"When the weakness is gone, the centre falls and then battle begins."

"Oh no." I whispered as I remembered dad's words, "Which side did they attack from, Matteo?"

"The side, why?"

"Fuck, uhm, I'm skipping school today."

"What? Why?"

"Just get me to Neika."

-

"Don't you have school today?" She asked me as I sat down in her lap.

She rested one of her hands around my waist, her finger tips grazing against my butt.

"Yes, but I'm skipping. I have something to tell you."

"You missed school to tell me something? Baby, couldn't it wait?"

"Well if you rather have me dead then I'm going back to school." I said with a shrug.

"Dead?" Matteo and Neika asked at the same time in confusion.

"baby, what do you mean?"

- I tend to explain the things my dad said to me and when I was done, Neika  was in shock.

"Baby, what's your father's name?"

"Richard Junior, why?"

Neika and Matteo glanced at her and Neika nodded to Matteo and he left.

"Did your father...died?"

"No, he ran away because he was in danger or so mom told me." I said.

"You remember how your father looks, b?"

"B?" I laughed and she looked at me with the look that says "whatever". 

" But yeah, I do."

After that, no one said anything. Neika gave me her phone tho, and went to do something on her laptop.

Fifteen minutes later, the door to her office opened and Matteo came back.

"Boss." He said and stepped away from the doorway and someone who I never thought I'd saw again came in my view.

-

Sorry for the late updates, babies😭