One Step Forward

{+}{+}{+}

One Week Later...

Police finally managed to open Hawkmoth's safe after many trials and errors. Yet, more horrors are discovered inside.

   One was a journal filled with entries about Gabriel Agreste's failures, slow descent into madness, and mental illness. A contract was found folded in the back of the journal, promising to never speak of the doctor or the procedure used to remove an embryo from a mother's womb.

This leads us to the last discovery, the cooler. A cooler was found, filled with dry ice and the remains of a preserved fetus—Gabriel's own unborn child, Izzy Agreste! A cooling device was attached to the cooler, keeping the ice from melting and the fetus from decomposing. Reports say the embryo was not a keepsake or properly respected for its death but as a means to use its fetal tissue.

   "The fetal tissue is used for treatments for degenerative diseases such as Parkinson's disease..." Dr. Thomas explains "...samples from a fetus that has been aborted and grow cells from the tissue in Petri dishes."

   Not only was this news rattling to the bone, so was Gabriel's escape from jail during the safe extraction. Is it a major coincidence or an extraordinarily thought-out escape plan?

   "There you are!"

   Adrien stopped reading Gossip Girl's latest update on her blog and looked over at the approaching figure. The blonde smiled, standing from the bench and greeting the person he planned to meet.

   "I've been looking all over for you. Of course, it probably would've been smart to look here first," Marinette sheepishly said, scratching the back of her neck. Adrien chuckled, happy to finally get to hang out with his pen pal without any distractions or disturbances.

   The blonde had checked the jar a day ago, finding the letter Marinette and was quite baffled after reading it. Worrying would've been an understatement to what Adrien had felt. He quickly typed in her number (checking it a few times to make sure he didn't mess up in his rushed state) before texting the bluenette.

Adrien let out a sigh of relief once Marinette replied and confirmed that everything was okay. The two texted each other for a little bit until deciding to hang out. They decided to meet at the park but never clarified the exact location in the park. Adrien assumed the bench near the opening was a good rendezvous.

   Yet, it didn't seem Marinette didn't think of that.

Many things happened after Marinette and Tikki returned home. There was anger and punishments had been set but also tears and relief. Obviously, everything didn't go back to normal and her aunt has been very abundant with giving the two girls space. Marinette appreciated it more than Sabine knew but it was still going to be hard accepting the truth and forgiveness.

Marinette is grateful Tikki went back to being herself after everything she's been put through.

Even with the slow process of fixing their broken family, every little bit counted and is nicely coming together.

   "You could've texted or called me and asked where I was," Adrien advised, making Marinette perk up in realization and hit her forehead.