The Pink Pencil

{+}{+}{+}

Adrien and the cats sat in the waiting area with the other pet owners and their animals.

The black cat sat in front of Adrien's legs, giving everything within a 10 foot radius a death glare. The red cat calmly slept on Adrien's lap and purred, enjoying the mindless scratches on its back. The Gorilla sat next to the teen silently with the same stern face he usually had.

Adrien didn't know how he was able to convince the stubborn alley cat or his bodyguard to go to the vet. He was thinking that the red cat on his lap was the main reason the black cat came and his ape-like bodyguard was growing a soft spot since the discovery of his father.

   At least, that was only Adrien's theory that made the most sense than the other crazy ones that spun in his head.

   "George Gordon," a female veterinarian called. The Gorilla suddenly stood up, startling Adrien and the black cat at the same time. His bodyguard gestured for Adrien to follow. The teen blinked in disbelief.

"Wait, wait, wait," Adrien said then questioned, "You're name is George Gordon?"

The Gorilla grunted in agreement before they headed into the back (the stubborn black cat limped to the back, not wanting to be carried). That's when the half hour long check up began.

After some struggling with the black cat, some scratched up veterinarians were finally able to check the cat. The red feline was nice and friendly to the vet, appointment going on without a fight.

"It's back left leg is badly sprained and it has a few minor injuries that will heal up without a problem," the male vet explained, "It'll need to rest for about a week or two."

The black cat seemed to sulk and growl a little in frustration at the news. Adrien grimaced and felt bad for the feline. The vet gave a few more instructions before finishing up the black cat's appointment.

   "Oh my!" The female vet exclaimed, cheerily petting the red cat, "Well, I'll be darn!"

   "Is there something wrong?" The male veterinarian asked his assistant. This gained the Gorilla and Adrien's attention.

   "Oh stars, no! Far from it!" The female vet reassured, smiling and looking down at the red cat, "This kitty is going to be a mommy!"

   Adrien stood there dumbfounded.

   That explained why the black cat was so protective of the red one.

   The appointment ended.

   "Is it alright if I keep them until the black cat's leg is healed?" Adrien asked his bodyguard. The black cat looked up and glared at the human for even suggesting such a thing. The red cat seemed to return the glare.

   The Gorilla was in deep thought, eyes lingering to the black cat and remembering what it had done to those veterinarians.

   "I'll make sure they won't cause trouble and keep them in my room. I'll take care of them and everything," Adrien reassured, "I'm going to need your help getting supplies though and not let anyone else know, especially Nathalie. She has already done so much for us, for me. I don't want to put more strain on her but these two need a place to stay until the black cat's leg is healed."

   His bodyguard continued to stare blankly down at Adrien before looking at the cats. With a sigh, the Gorilla grunted in approval. The blonde teen smiled gratefully, "Thank you."

   After purchasing all the necessary cat supplies and tucking up two sleeping cats within a blanket, Adrien hid them in be grocery bag. Thankfully, all the food was wrapped up or in a box so no cat fur would taint it.

   The Gorilla and Adrien made up a plan to sneak everything inside as they drove back to the mansion.

{+}{+}{+}

"Where is it?"

Alya looked up from her phone and looked over at her distressed best friend frantically digging through her bag. The redhead blinked before raising an eyebrow.

"Where's what?" She asked.

"My special pink pencil that I design with. I can't find it," Marinette said, dumping everything out of her bag and searching through her items.

   "Well," Alya began, putting her device away before questioning, "What did you do with it last?"

   Marinette scoured her memory, trying to remember what happened to her pink pencil. Yet, there was no ringing of any bells. She couldn't recall a time she had seen her sketching utensil.

The bluenette shook her head, "No, I can't remember what I did with it last."

Alya hummed before Mylene entered through the doorway. The short teen walked up to Marinette seeming really nervous and on the edge. Alya noted this but didn't say anything, planning to corner her friend later.

"Hey, M-Marinette. You for-forgot your pencil ye-yesterday so I'm here t-to return it," Mylene stuttered. She then tried to pull off a smile but turned into an awkward, toothy grimace. Mylene held out the pink pencil towards her bluenette friend.

"Oh!" Marinette said, gratefully retrieving the utensil, "That's right! I did give it to you! Thanks, Mylene!"

Marinette smiled while the rainbow-haired teen nodded before quickly scurrying to her seat. The suspicious reporter followed Mylene to the back before looking at her best friend, not noticing the weird behavior.

Alya glanced back one more time before putting on a facade.

"Look at that! What a coincidence? Am I right?" The redhead said, nudging Marinette in the side. The bluenette giggled and nodded, "Yeah!"

Once class ended, Alya quickly gave an excuse before following Mylene out of the classroom. The reporter was able to grab the short teen's wrist and drag her into the lady's restroom.

   "Alright, speak now or forever hold your peace," The redhead said, sassily placing her hands on her hips. Mylene nervously smiled and fiddled with her fingers.

   "I..." the rainbow-haired girl paused for a moment, "...I plead the fifth?"

   Alya raised an unimpressed eyebrow. The shy girl winced then shrugged unknowingly. Alya sighed, taking off her glasses and wiping them clean.

   "I know you're hiding something about my girl. No offense, but you're very obvious. The only reason why Marinette didn't notice is because she is as oblivious and dense as there is to come. But I love the girl to death anyway," Alya explained, placing her glasses back on, "Look, I just want to know what's going on and if there's anything I can do to help."

   Mylene bit the bottom of her lip when seeing the concern on Alya's face. She closed her eyes and exhaled before making sure no one else was in the bathroom. The reporter watched as the short teen gained some confidence but still seemed to shy away.

   "Alright..." she finally gave in, "I'll tell you what I know."

{+}{+}{+}