The Return

{+}{+}{+}

Marinette was scrolling through her best friend's blog during lunchtime. She didn't know where Alya was but didn't mind the peace and quiet as she ate. She grew slightly bored and decided to read what was going on in Pairs. One of the articles had caught her eye and decided to read it.

The Tsurugis' Return from the Seventh Year of Parent's/Grandparent's Death

"Seven years ago, Mr. and Mrs. Tsurugi were heading to the airport after an important meeting held in Italy when a drunk driver collided head-on with their car. The only survivor was the man, who caused the reckless crash. He was sent to jail after being released from the hospital. For the past seven years, Tomoe Tsurugi and her daughter, Kagami Tsurugi, have annually visited Japan to honor their parent's/grandparent's lives by holding a fencing tournament in the remembrance of their loved ones. The Tsurugis' had returned from their two-week-long trip just yesterday on their private jet."

   There was a picture of a woman with a long walking stick. She wore black glasses and seemed pretty intimidating. Behind the woman, a teen that looked around Marinette's age had short, dark hair and a neutral sort of look on her face. They were both walking out of the jet and were about to walk down the steps.

   Marinette continued to scroll onto the next article to find that it was the "Gabriel Agreste being Hawkmoth" situation. The bluenette's lips thinned out before shutting her phone off and continued eating her lunch.

   "May I join you for today?"

   Marinette turned her attention towards the voice and almost spit out the food in her mouth. Luka stood there with a lunch tray and patiently waited for Marinette to respond. The bluenette was able to gulp the food down.

   "Oh—uh, s-sure. I...uh, g-guess you can? W-What I mean to say, is that you're handsome," Marinette rambled before realizing what she said and continued her slippery excuses, "Y-You're h-handsome of....food! Yes! Y-You're f-food can't be anywhere n-near me s-so I can't feel your hotness—its hotness!! I burn v-very e-easily! I-It's best if you s-sit on t-the other s-side of the t-table!"

   Marinette began to nervously smile as Luka stared at her with eyes as wide as a deer in headlights. His confusion turned into wholehearted laughter before he sat down across from the bluenette.

   "Well, we wouldn't want you to burn. Now, would we?" Luka joked, making Marinette's face burn with embarrassment as she awkwardly laughed along. She really wanted to hit her head repeatedly on the table and call herself an idiot.

   "What movie did you want to see tomorrow?" The musician asked, taking out his phone to search for the movies that were out in theaters. Marinette pursed her lips in thought, trying to think of any new movies in the theater off of the top of her head. Yet, she couldn't think of anything.

   "U-Uh—I don't k-know," Marinette stuttered. Her face began to heat up, embarrassed for not thinking of what movie they could go see. She had been looking forward to seeing one with Luka for years that the thought of choosing a movie never crossed her mind.

Luka merely smiled and began to list off the movies that were out in the theaters. Marinette honestly didn't care what movie they saw as long as they were together.

   Yet, she knew Luka would want her to pick out the movie. At the same time, Marinette didn't want to seem shallow and pick out a movie Luka wouldn't like but go along with it since he is so nice.

   Marinette groaned and continued to debate what she should do.

   "I have an idea," Luka suggested, "Since we can't seem to pick a movie, how about we choose three we want to see the most. Then, maybe we'll get a result."

   "He's so smart," Marinette dreamily thought then replied out loud, "O-Okay."

   That's how the two chose their movie. Marinette nearly squealed at the thought of it being their movie.

   Luka's phone vibrated. He checked his device quickly before placing it in his bag. The musician stood up and gathered his things as he explained, "I got to go but I'll see you tomorrow."

   The bluenette smiled and waved, not trusting herself to speak without making herself sound like a fool again. Once Luka had left, Marinette sighed and held her hands over her speedy heart.

   "I can't wait," she quietly squealed, smiling widely.

{+}{+}{+}

   "You have got to be flipping kidding me."

Mylene nodded as Alya tried to process the information. She couldn't believe what her friend just told her. It was almost unbelievable in a way.

"Are you sure what you saw wasn't just a misunderstanding?" The redhead asked, "I would've guessed that..."

"Guessed what?"

Mylene and Alya jumped before turning their heads towards the familiar voice. Their worst fears came true when seeing Marinette at the doorway of the classroom. The said teen walked over to the two but wasn't able to sit on her seat since Mylene was sitting there.

Alya and Mylene kept looking at each other as if the other had a solution. Marinette raised an eyebrow at them, unknowing of what was happening and worried.

"Is something wrong," she asked, concern laced in her voice. Alya took in a deep breath and forced a smile.

"Nope! We were just practicing for another one of Nino's movies he wants to make. It looks like you did a good job with the part you were struggling with, Mylene," Alya lied, patting the short teen's shoulder.

"U-Uh, yeah. Acting and...stuff," Mylene continued with the lie. Marinette looked at her two nervous friends for a moment before smiling.

"I didn't know Nino was making another movie. I wonder why he didn't tell me," The oblivious bluenette said, curiously. Alya and Mylene sighed in relief before giving one more glance at each other.

How were they going to tell Marinette?

{+}{+}{+}