The First Day 2

{+}{+}{+}

   Marinette spaced out her entire first class.

   Many things had just happened all at once for the bluenette to comprehend—to process everything. She figured out she has a crush on Adrien and is now in the seat right in front of her. The very seat Luka used to fill until unexpectedly finding out he is being homeschooled.

   Then, the nagging echo of the name "Tsurugi" continued to rattle Marinette's very core. The exact same last name of her uncle, Shan Tsurugi.

   "Does that mean...Kagami is my-"

   The bell rang, cutting off Marinette's thoughts and ending her first class. Everyone began to pack their supplies while Miss Bustier told them their assignment. Marinette hurriedly grabbed her bag before realizing she has no clue how she's going to do the homework without today's notes.

"Darn it," she thought, frustrated with how today is going so far. She'll have to copy Alya's notes and get some more information on Luka's homeschooling during lunch.

"Hey, Marinette?"

Marinette shifted her icy gaze away from shoving her books into her bag and immediately melted into a softened look meeting emerald green eyes. Adrien's smile somehow wiped away her stress within seconds and replaced it with a fluttery feeling in her chest.

"Oh uh—yes, Adrien?" Marinette questioned, cheeks warming up and giving her face a pinker tint.

"Do you mind showing me where the art room is?" The blonde asked, hopeful. Marinette's heart skipped a beat, forgetting how to use her mouth to speak.

She let out a nervous giggle before stuttering out, "Non—Oui! Possibly? I-I can show you the storage closet. I mean, the art room! Why would I show you the storage closet? That would be really weird! Besides, it's my ne-next grass—class!"

Adrien blinked for a moment in confusion, hardly understanding anything Marinette said. Yet, he managed to at least understand that she agreed to show him where the classroom is.

   "Um, okay?" The blonde said, raising an eyebrow before adding, "It's awesome that we have two classes together so far. I can't wait to see what else we have together. We'll have to check each other's schedule on our wait to art."

   "Mate—great! That's a great idea," Marinette replied, nervously.

   "Hello, Adrien and Marinette."

   Adrien and Marinette's focus turned away from their conversation to the new voice. Adrien gave a sunny smile while Marinette turned a ghostly pale.

   "Hi, Kagami! What's your next class?" Adrien asked. Before the Japanese girl could utter a word, Marinette quickly gathered her things and headed towards the door. Kagami and Adrien watched the bluenette in befuddlement. Adrien's heart felt like a rock sinking into the depths of an ocean.

   "Marinette? Where are you going?" Adrien questioned, wondering what happened.

   "I-I'll meet you in the locker room. I just remembered I n-need to get something fr-from my locker," the aspiring designer answered. Then, she hastily left the room without another word.

   "She's acting...somewhat strange," Kagami quipped, earning a nod of agreement from Adrien.

   "Yeah," Adrien wistfully spoke.

{+}{+}{+}

   "Girl, you're insane."

   "Thank you for pointing out the obvious," Marinette grumpily sagged on the bench in the locker room and hid her face in the palms of her hands, "It's just like when I had a crush on Luka. I can't form anything speech-wise correctly, completely or too much rambling.