Chapter Twenty Nine: Worse than worse..

We sat on the floor, with some random snacks. Dorrito was one of them and I grabbed it before anyone could. Free food! Nah.. I didn't snack that much.

"So..?"

"What?" I questioned Noir, continuing Jo's sentence. "You said that we have something important to discuss?"

"Yeah.."

"And what is that?"

Noir mumbled something that I couldn't figure out, neither did Jo. We instantly looked into each other's eyes, questioning one another.

"Excuse me, Chocolate?"

"A-are you guys dating?"

I froze. And Noir shivered, looking down at the tiles. I looked at Jo, who was biting his lower lip, looking at me.

Did you tell him? He mouthed. Cuz I thought it's a secret to both of us..

I did not, Jo. You know that...

So, how does he know?

I don't know. And I'm not sure. I shrugged and cleared my throat.

"No, Noir.."

"Absolutely not." I added Jo. "Why would you think like that?"

"You guys are like," he started. "Flirting each other.. And I saw that spark between you."

"Maybe it's only your feeling. Your imagination."

"It's not. Everytime, I repeat, everytime your eyes met, there's that twinkling feeling that I saw."

"Noir, are you jealous?" Jo asked and I admitted that I wanted to laugh that moment, but I held it since it's gonna be rude if I did. "You want that to happen between you and your crush?"

Oh yeah. Jo hasn't know that Noir confessed to me, maybe. I didn't say a word about it to him and neither did Noir, right? Or he did?

"I confessed to her, Jo."

"Who?"

"My crush," Noir answered as I jerked up. I was completely scared that Noir's going to tell Jo about the weird confession stuff and Jonathan will think that I'm a slut.

"And did she answer you?"

"Yes. She said not to be my girlfriend, only friends."

"What?! How can anyone resist your charms, bro?" Jo nudged him playfully while I fake a smile. "Well, tell me who was it!" The forbidden words are said. My life's ruined.

"It's-"

"It's someone we know." I interrupted Noir. "Really well."

"Well, give me her name."

"Why? Are you gonna stalk her? Like in social media? Try to get her attention?" I teased Jo, also trying to get his attention, as he smiled and punched me lightly.

"It's Charlotte."

Shit. Noir had said it. Just wait and see what will Jo said, I guess..

"There's another Charlotte in your school? Whoa!"

"She's right in front of you, genius!"

And there was it. Total. Awkward. Silence. Jo's head was turning from me to Noir, then to me again, waiting for explainations but I kept quiet as if the time stopped. What did I do? I hurted him. And it wasn't just hurt him. It's called CHEATING BEHIND HIS BACK!

"So... Noir confessed to you?" I could hear there's hurt in his tone, but maybe it's just my imagination.

"Y-yeah.. Sort of."