Chapter Five: Flashback

2 years ago...

It was my first day of grade 9. I was still 14, most of my friends were 15 already.. So I'm quiet young for grade 9.. As I was walking to La Veine, I saw a girl, with La Veine's school uniform, was slapped with 3 girls, I think.. She was about my age and she looked hopeless.. I approached them as I swallowed my fears.

"Excuse me.. What are you doing? I will contact the police if you don't stop hitting her.." I said, grabbing my phone, ready to call 911.

"Yeah right.." one of the girls snickered (is that the word?).

The tallest girl grabbed my shirt. "You talk to me like that, I'll kill you in a second! This girl had been stealing my boyfriend from me!" pointing at the girl that I wanted to help.

"Oh, yeah?! Where's your proof, bitch?!" challenged me as she tighten her grip.

"Here's my proof!" she almost punched me when a boy came and grabbed her arms. "What the?!"

"Jeannie, what are you doing? Aren't you supposed to be in the gym?" he asked the girl, who supposed to be Jeannie.

"Er.. I'm actually going to the gym.. But this girl hit another girl.. So, I help her.." she lied, nervously while she slowly lets go her grip. "Got to sprint! Bye Max!"

"You okay?" the boy who called Max asked me softly, as he helped me get up.

His eyes met mine and I blushed rapidly. Gosh.. What happened to me?!

"Yeah.. I think so.." I replied.

Then, it was an awkward silence.

"I'm Max. What's your name?" he asked, breaking the silence.

"I'm.. Charlotte.." I stammered.

Then, suddenly I remember the girl who I happened to help.

The girl was standing mouth opened. She looked at me, then to Max, then to me again.

"Um.. Hi! I'm Charlotte! What's your name?" I asked friendly.

"I'm Elaine.. Aren't you Max Watson? Can I get your autograph?!" she questioned Max while she searched for a paper and pen in her bag.

"So you're a new girl? I never see you around.." Max asked me as he signed the sketch book.

"Yeah.. So, you're the popular one, huh? Pleasure to meet you, Max!" I replied.

When he finished signing Elaine's sketch book, he gestured that I and Elaine to follow him..

"So, Max.. What's your age?" asked Elaine as we walked.

"I'm 16.. Grade 10E.. What's yours?" pointing to me, then to Elaine.

"I'm 15! Grade 9!" exclaimed Elaine excitedly.

" I'm still 14.. But I'm grade 9.. Same like Elaine.." I mumbled.

I thought that they don't care what my answer is.. But they're amazed.

"Wow!! So, you're a genius, then! Maybe we can hang together!" amazed Elaine.

"Yeah.. But I also have many friends.. So, maybe dismissal time?"

"Deal!" I and Elaine answered at the same time.. Then we looked at each other and laughed.

The whole journey took about 15 minutes. When we arrived to school, it's still almost as empty as a savanna.. But I managed to take my time to go to my assigned locker.. The locker was a big WHOA with, maybe, 6 exclaimation mark.. It's about my height and it has everything that we need.. Books, notebooks, paperclips, stationaries, a mirror (to check our appearance, maybe), 2 spare of the school uniform and many more! Maybe that's why I paid so much to go to this school..