Chapter Fourteen: The new member (again)

My friends greeted him warmly, which made me frowned.

"I am so glad, you guys want me to join you!!" Noir cried in excitement. "Especially, when there's Charlotte!" He winked at me and took a seat beside me, that my friends had spared it for him.

"Ugh.. What about Daniel and his friends?"

"Well, I made a deal with him.." he sounded unsure. "He told me to hang with him in the party.."

"Oh, so.. I don't have to join the party, then!"

"No! You should join. In fact, all of you should join.. All of you are invited! Tomorrow, at Daniel's house, 8 o'clock."

"Really?" Haley's eyes sparkled like ruby.

"Are you sure? Have you ask Daniel about this, man?" Max followed.

"Yup! I think so.."

"Alright! We're going!" Josh announced as I slapped myself on the forehead.

"Yeay!!!" Jessie, Elaine and Carin cheered.

When they're do with the excitement, I checked my watch and saw it's 12.30. In 30 minutes, the bell rings.

"Actually, I so don't like parties. Especially when it's full of crazy-headed students consuming drugs while they're drunk. I mean, seriously? You want to go to a party like that? I don't think so.. That's not Jessie, Louis and Elaine's style.. And I don't have a boyfriend, okay? I mean, it's not cool not to have someone to trust on.." I told them in my mind.

"Hell-o!!" I called as they looked at me. "I have been waving my free hands to you, guys.. I'm not going."

"What?!!??" Haley, Jessie, Elaine and Carin shouted all in unison. I nodded to them.

"Why? Aren't you excited to go?" Carin questioned me.

"Well.. Um.. To be honest, I don't really like parties.. Especially when I will have nothing to do.."

"You're not gonna be alone, Char.." Elaine comforted. "I promise, Max and I'll be with you."

"No thanks.. Tempting, but no.."

"Are you scared you don't have a boyfriend?" Louis asked the forbidden question.

"No," I lied. "I just don't wanna be surrounded by drunken guys.. Or girls.. With cigarettes and bottles of beer.."

"According to Daniel, drugs and cigarettes are not allowed in his house.." Noir explained. "Well, maybe some beer, yes.."

"Pwease, Charlotte.. Do us a favor!!! This party can change your life!" Haley pleaded with Jessie and Elaine.

I bit my lip and gave them the answer. "How can I said no? But, promise me that you guys will not poison me with any drug, cigarettes not even beer."

"Just try it a bit, okay? Maybe not drugs.. Cigarettes are okay, beer are fine, but consume it a bit!" Noir said to me.

"You can't force me to!" I hissed at him.

"Well, we have 20 minutes to discuss about that. Girls you go separately, okay?" Max smiled. We nodded and go to the park while the boys stayed in the canteen. When we arrived in the park, I started a conversation. It went like this:

Me: What are you guys gonna wear for the party?

Elaine: What about you, Char?

Me: *shrug*

Haley: I'm gonna buy. I don't really have a proper dress..

Jessie: How 'bout we buy together? I've not go to a party for centuries..