Chapter Sixteen: The Kiss

We went down to the basement when I spotted familiar faces. Max, Josh, Louis and apparently Noir was there.

Why did my life turn so ugly?

"Hey, Max!!" Elaine called him. I tried to cover her mouth but it was too late. We got their whole attention. They turned back and approached us while I mentally killed and buried myself into a deep dark hole.

Speaking of darkness, I remembered something and shuddered. "My nightmares are haunting me again!! Control it, Char! Don't let these people worry about you!!" I told myself as I fake-smiled.

"Hullo! You're goin'?" Josh asked us. I could feel Haley mentally melted at his low voice.

"Yeah.. We're done shopping. We're not much of a shopper, anyway.." Jessie explained as she stared at Louis's face. They both blushed when they stared at each other.

"And you just arrive? Ok, then.. We'll be goin-"

"No! We're actually just wanna put our dresses in the car. Can you wait for us?" Haley interrupted me as she covered my mouth.

"Sure, sweetie!" Josh winked at Haley while she rolled her eyes. But I could sense her drooling over him, deep inside her.

"Char, what type is your dress?" Noir asked as he peeked inside my shopping bag. He was actually taking advantages by pretending to see my shopping bag to hug me from behind.

"It's none of your business," I answered coldly, shoving it away from him. "And why do you wanna know?"

"Nah.. Just wanna know!" He smirked playfully at me. His smirk makes my knees turn into jellies. Either I was scared of his reactions or I was flattered with his smile.

"No, I'm not flattered.. Come on, Charlotte! Wake up! You'll never get the happy ending!" I scolded myself deep in my mind. But in my heart, "Follow your heart, Char. You'll figure out that that'll be worth it!"

"Let's go! We're going home." I stated as I went away. I actually said it for Noir but my friends hurried to me.

"What's wrong with you?!" Haley scowled at me when we're far enough from the guys.

"What? I should go shopping again? And now with Noir? Uh-uh. No, Hale."

"But, why should you be that hard to him? He's hurt, okay?" Elaine said.

"He hurt me even more. He made my life a living hell. Don't you see? He had made me broken-hearted. And since then, I promise myself to stop falling in love!" I cried as I held my tears back.

"Char, we know how it feels.. But what matter is now. He changed. And he likes you now! Don't you know how much pain he encounters to get out of Daniel's gang?" Jessie asked.

I opened my mouth but she interrupted me, "Daniel, Eaton, and Ryan had punched him in the face whenever he talked about leaving the gang. He managed to keep his schedule with us because Daniel and he made a deal. The deal was.. um.. I can't tell you."

"And why is that?" I demanded.

"Because it actually involves you," Elaine commented.

"Why can you guys know every single thing of him, while, on the other hand, I'm the last person to know?" I asked dissapointedly to them. They stammered but decided to keep quiet. "I'm just.. gonna walk to Haley's. I'll take my car there. Thank you for today, anyway."

With that, I walked back to the lobby and went to Haley's house, walking. I knew that they dissapoint me, but what dissapoint me most was why on earth did Noir keep these important things. Ugh. My life turns horrible when it involves him.