'how are you lonely?'

Word count:722

"So what movie do you wanna watch?" I ask Brooklyn handing her the remote.

"After?" She asks, looking at the tv, scrolling through Netflix.

"Sure."

She put on the movie after and cuddles up to Tobey.

Why can't I be like that with someone? Leo stares "you okay Jordan?" He asks.

"Yeah I'm fine. Why'd you ask?" I stop looking at Brooklyn and Tobey and look directly at Leo.

"You just look quite sad."

"Not sad...just lonely." I say jokingly.

I'm not joking though...

Leo laughs a little. "Lonely?" Leo's eyebrows furrow.

"Yeah." I sigh, pulling the blanket more on to my body.

"How are you lonely?"

"How am I not? Everyone has someone, someone who cares for them. Someone who they care for. Someone to love, trust and spend time with. I wish I had that... I really do." I sigh again.

"Well it's not always like that Jordan. You know that?" He questions with a dull face.

"No, I know that. It just gets to me sometimes." I turn my head and look at Tobey and Brooklyn cuddled up to each other, getting lost in the movie. I don't think they know, nor care what our conversation is about.

I turn to look look at Leo "look at how happy the two of them are." I pout.

Leo doesn't say anything. Instead he buries his head into my cheats with my head on top of his, with his arms around my waist. I'm getting a fluttery feeling in my stomach. I think there butterflies? But don't you only get them if you have...feelings for someone? I'm not sure what I feel. I have never felt this way before. I feel safe when I'm around him. I have to ask Brooklyn how to know, because If I really do like him I should feel something, and I do.
                                              🤎
The movie has finished. I think Tobey and Brooklyn want to go. I try and get up to look for the remote but Leo doesn't leave my lap. He's asleep.

"Brooklyn can you please turn off the tv. I can't move." I ask her while pointing at Leo, not wanting to wake him. She nods and does as I ask. "Thank you." I whisper.

Tobey stands up from the couch, stretching. He starts laughing when he looks at the way Leo is positioned. "Shhh!" I say which makes him quiet down.

"I think me and Brooklyn should leave." Tobey yawns and looks at Brooklyn.

"Yeah you look tired. And well, we don't want to wake Leo." Brooklyn states.

"Yeah okay. Bye guys." I can't hug them or anything. Leo's right on top of me.

They quietly leave the house which now leaves me and Leo alone...again. I probably should leave myself but I don't know. I'm worried for him. I carefully try to move, trying not to wake Leo. But fuck! It didn't work.

"Jordan?" He glares at me, he has such puffy eyes and his hairs all messed up. I love it.

"Yes?" I smile. He slowly lifts himself up, sitting next to me on the couch.

"Where are the others?" He asks.

"They just left. I uhh, probably should too." I start to stand up. Leo pulls my arm gently, causing my body to fall next to his again.

"Stay...please?" He asks.

"Of course." I give him a comforting smile. He nods then takes my hand, lifting me up then leading me to his bedroom. Once we reach his room he opens the door.

"You first." He grins. I make my way in.

Wow, I know it's only a bedroom but it's so cool. It's not just like any other teenage boys bedroom, it's much different I think. He has cool posters, of what it looks like his favourite movies? He also has pictures of him and his basketball team. That is so cute if you ask me. There's loads of trophies. Wow, he really is good at it!

This ones cool... I go to pick up a shiny golden basketball trophy but another pair of hands reach it before me.

"I see your looking at the collection I have?" He smirks.

"Y-yeah, you have so many of these."

"What can I say, that just proves I'm not all that bad at it."