im staying

Word count: 1025

I make my way back into Leo's hospital room to see the woman behind the desk and the doctor I described to her.

I walk over to Brooklyn and sit on the chair besides her. The women walks towards Leo and sits on the chair next to his bed. "You will be leaving in a week or so, I'm sorry for the false information you was told. He..." she turns her head to glare at the male doctor. "He, clearly wasn't doing his job right, and needs to take more care of his patients."

"Will I be able to stay until then?" I ask

"Of course." She smiles then exits the room with the male doctor. Leo stays silent and doesn't say a word.

I can hear a loud discussion going on outside the doors of Leo's room. It goes on for about 2 minutes until what sounds like the doctor swearing. I hear loud footsteps but it gets quieter.

Wow well erm, he just got fired.
——
I had to call my mom for some more clothes to change into over the next week I'll be staying with him. She wasn't very happy about it because she said she had to work late and she'd have to leave for me. But I convinced her to do it for me, she finally agreed after I told her the situation which she understood and didn't ask any for any more details.

Even though me and Leo have been friends for a while now, I haven't really mentioned anything about him to my mom or any of my other family. And my dad, well I haven't spoken to him in a while.
——
After about two hours of waiting for my mom to be done from work she finally arrives at the hospital with my clothes.
——
"Thank you mom." I thank her, as we both walk towards the door.

"No problem, sweetie." She gives a little smile then leaves the room, shitting the door behind her.

Brooklyn left about a hour ago. She said she might stop by tomorrow with Tobey.

There's a lot I don't know about Leo but I don't want to pressure him to tell me. Everyone has their reasons for it, weather it being trauma or they way you think about things. I mean yeah, we all think about killing ourselves sometimes. But not all of us actually have the courage to try.

I walk over to Leo, he's still laid down on the bed. He hasn't moved all day, not like he can go anywhere anyway.

"You alright?" I ask

"Huh? Y-yeah."

"You sure? You seem to be stuttering a lot recently."

"Yeah I don't know what it is, I'm also so tired."

"Alright." I give him a small smile and make my way towards the little couch in his room and lay there. Leo's eyes are closed but I can tell he's not asleep.

*bleep**bleep**bleep*

Why is Sadie FaceTiming me? I haven't spoken to her in ages. I'll answer anyway.

"Hey."

"Jordan! I've missed looking at your beautiful face. How've you been?"

I smile through the camera "I've been good thanks, what about you?"

"Yeah I've been alright. I just finished filming today actually."

"Really?! That's great, what movie was it you were filming again? Sorry I forgot."

"Clueless, I'm playing the character tai."

"Ohhh, that's cool. Sounds like it's going to be a big movie."

"Yeah I hope so. I've worked so hard on this film."

"I'm sure you have. Have you met any new friends while filming?"

"Yeah actually. He's quite a famous actor, his names Paul."

"PAUL RUDD?!"

"Yeah, calm it. Why?"

"Wow,wow,wow. Your so lucky."

"She giggles "mhm, he's quite handsome I must admit."

"Sadie! You can't say that, you have a boyfriend!"

"Yeah I know... how is Lucas anyway?"

"What, haven't you spoken to him?"

"No, I've been really busy with work and all."

"Yeah... I talked to him a few weeks ago. It was before the basketball game."

"Oh, I think I'm going to call him soon anyways."

"Alright."

I move my face away from my phone and look at Leo. He's smirking, he almost looks like he's about to laugh. I shake my head at him then go back to looking at my phone.

"So... have you got a boyfriend or anything yet?"

Now why on earth would she ask that. She thinks after all these years I've not had a boyfriend I'm suddenly going to have one.

"No Sadie, no I haven't. Why would you ask that?"

Leo's smile isn't on his face anymore instead it's replaced with a frown. I mime to him "is there something wrong?" He shakes his head slowly and sinks his head into his pillow.

"Who or what are you looking at?"

"My friend."

"Oh she's being quiet."

"He. He's being quite."

"Oh, you have a friend that's a boy?"

"Yeah. What's wrong with that?"

"Nothing... I don't think you've ever had a friend that's a boy."

"Yeah. I haven't."

"Alright." She yawns "I'm gunna go I'm really tired, I've had such a busy day at work and I Can't wait to sleep."

"Okay, goodnight." I blow her a kiss to the camera.

"Night." She blows one back and the FaceTime call ends.

—-

I pull out a blanket from my bad that my mom had brought for me.

Shit, I'm all comfy but I don't want to sleep with the bright light stinging my eye balls. There actually so bright, like it's not even normal.

I go to get up off the couch but Leo's already at the light switch.

"Oh. I was about to do that."

"I know. You just looked comfy."

I smile at his response. He slowly walks over to me and kisses me lightly on the top of the head. Butterflies start forming in my stomach, I feel my heart skip a beat. It makes me really happy.

I pull the blanket over me and watch him walk back to his bed.

"Goodnight Jordan."

"Goodnight Leo."

Silents fills the room and my eyes are struggling to stay open.