Chapter 17:

Word count: 1156

Jordan's POV:
I groan and pull away. Who the fuck is it?

Once I'm half way down the stairs I hear my dog barking and quickly make my way to the front door to unlock it, Leo following behind me.

"Hi mom, this is Leo." I say when she gets in. Bella comes over too us both and starts sniffing Leo's leg.

"Leo, hello it's nice to meet you." My mom smiles.

"Hey. You too." He replies and sticks his arm out for her to shake.

"Oh I'm not really a hand shaker, I'm more of a hugger." She says, before Leo has time to respond my moms arms are wrapped around him.

He looks slightly uncomfortable but returns the gesture. "You look familiar, have I seen you before?" She alas once they've both pulled away from the hug.

"Ummm,yeah." Leo responds.

"We've been to a party before, you probably recognise him from the photo in my bedroom." I tell her before sitting down on the couch.

"Oh yeah, of course." My mom says.

Leo comes and sits next to me, and Bella jumps up on him and starts to lick his face.

"Oh leave him." She laughs.

"It's fine." Leo smiles.

"If you say so." My mom replies. "Well I'm going to start cooking dinner."

"What are you making?" I ask, hoping it's something nice. If Leo's first and probably only meal here is something bad, it would be quite embarrassing.

"Stew and dumplings." She laughs as I roll my eye. "I'm joking, I know how much you hate stew. I'm making pasta, is that alright?"

I nod "yes, Leo is that alright with you?"

"Yeah, I love pasta!" He smiles.

"Great, pasta it is." She exclaims and walks off into the kitchen.

Bell has finally calmed down and Leo is stroking her. "What type of dog is she?" He asks, sounding quite interested.

"A cocker spaniel, my mom adopted her when I was 10."

"Mmm, did she?" He says, but all of the curiosity has disappeared from his tone and been replaced with... I don't know, cockiness? Is that even a word, probably not.

"Yeah, she belonged to an abusive man before so we got her from the dog shelter." I say, ignoring his...attitude?

"Oh, well that's good then, that now she has you." He smiles.

"Yeah and my mom."

"Mhm." Leo looks away "can I use the bathroom again? I think I drank too much water." He laughs.

"Sure, you know where it is." I say as he gets up and leaves.

Well that was strange. What's up with him?
🤎
My mom calls for us to come in and eat once the diner is made, me and Leo sit down next to each other.

"There's some vegetables there." She points to the middle of the table where there is broccoli, spinach and something else that only god knows what are in separate Bowles. "You can help yourself because I didn't know which you like."

"Okay, thanks." Leo picks up some of all three with the tongs.

"What are they?" I ask, pointing towards the unknown substance sitting on his pasta.

"There olives." He laughs then starts chewing a huge fork full of pasta. "Mmm, this is great miss..."

"Carol, miss carol. But please call me Helen." My mom smiles.

Leo nods and eats some more. The pasta is quite good considering my mom isn't the best cook.

"So, the two of you are moving to L.A. Is there any particular reason?" She asks.

He finishes eating the pasta and then looks at me, then back at my mom. "Yeah, i figured because I want to pursue my dream in acting there would be better agents and I've heard the acting classes are much better over there."

"Acting? That's amazing. Will it be your first time?" My mom asks.

"No, I did a few acting classes now and then when I was younger which led me to small commercials but nothing big." Woah I didn't even know that.

He starts eating again when she asks "oh, why did you stop?"

"I don't know, I guess I just did" he replies, very bluntly. I kinda feel sorry for him, my mom won't let him eat.

She nods then the room falls silent, but of course my mom has something else to say. "Jordan, when you get to LA what are you gunna do?"

"Well, I'll start looking for a job as soon as I can, I am finally a adult." I laugh.

"Yep, 17 next month. Are you still thinking of being a poet?"

"Mhm, or anything to do with writing really." It's so weird to be having this conversation when there's a guest in the house. Well, it's not just a random guest, it's Leo, but still.

"Well I know you are quite a good writer Jordan." Leo says, I look at him with confusion.

"What? How do you know?"

"Oh it's just that you read out your presentation in mr Evans class, and I thought it was quite good."

"Oh." Is he lying? "You remember that?" I ask. That was at the start of the school year, I doubt he even remembers what the presentation was about.

"Yeah of course I do." He smiles. Maybe he isn't lying.

I stand up and pick all of the empty bowls and take them to the dishwasher.

"I'll do that, it's fine." My mom says but I shake my head.

"I can do it." I start placing the dishes in.

♡︎
About half an hour later all of my suitcases and bags are downstairs and we are ready to leave and go to Leo's.

"It was lovely seeing you Leo." My mom says.

"Yeah same to you miss ca- Helen." She laughs in response.

"Bye mom." I pull her into a tight hug.

"Bye Jordan. Both of you have a good time in LA, and don't forget to visit."

"We'll be back don't worry." Leo replies.

"Love you Jordan, good luck to you both."

"Love you too."

"And Leo remember me when your a famous actor." She chuckles to herself.

He laughs then we both step out of the door "I definitely won't."

We both wave and carry my luggage to the car, me with one suitcase and 2 bags, and Leo with 3 suitcases and about 5 bags.

A/N
Heyyy, omg it's been like 3 months probably longer lolll. Im sorry to all the people who have been reading this. I haven't forgotten about this fanfic it's just I've not really have motivation to write. I still love Leo like alotttt and yes I've changed my username because  yes I do now have a obsession with Corey haim, lmao he's also in this story HAHA anyways I have 1.6k reads that is amazing! Thankyou all so much <3
Also does anyone have a idea what I could call this chapter?